Saturday, 15 November 2014

Stacking the Shelves #58


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

This has been a busy week at my house and I've had a lot of stuff that needs doing so I had to sacrifice some computer time. I hate shopping at this time of the year because there are more people and less parking spaces and they all seem to leave their brains at home. At night though, I have been enjoying getting some reading done and I still feel as if I'm making progress with my tbrs. Now I am starting to finish series that I've started and fallen behind on. I was pretty pleased with how Sookie Stackhouse finished, which was last night's task! I haven't read the what happened next book but I really hope they give Sookie her happy ending.

On the book buying front, well I found three books this week. Two are based on TV shows that I like so we'll see what the books are like at some point. I'm not going looking for wishlist books online until January and that lets me concentrate on reading what I have. I'll be firing up my Kindle, grabbing books from my physical bookshelves and reading like a mad thing this winter. I want my tbr down below 700 by next year!!!

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Interesting haul. I've tried to avoid looking too much for new reads while I clean out my current review pile, but I did snag a few Feb/Mar releases.

    Here's how I'm Stacking the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean...I've had this huge tbr pile for years and it's taken me a while to start dealing with it. Getting it to a reasonable level will give me more time and less stress over my reading and I can fit in lots of rereads of old favourites!

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy your new reads!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I'm fascinated by all Bigfoot books and films so I'm very excited about this one!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like interesting books :) My StS you can find here http://www.lexielaser.com/2014/11/stacking-shelves-w46.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting selection of books. I didn't know that Les Gold from Hardcore Pawn and Rick from the other show wrote books. Excellent selection.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured there should be some good stories in both books though Les Gold's book sounds more like a self help for business starters.

      Delete
  5. Oh they're all new to me I confess but I hope you"ll like them. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly looking forward to reading them!

      Delete
  6. A nice haul this week, I hope you enjoy your new books.

    Happy reading. Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for stopping to say hi!

      Delete