Sunday, 9 November 2014

What's on Chuckle TV #10


Welcome to Chuckle TV! 
Every week I will be talking about what I have been watching in the world of TV, be it sport, documentaries, TV series, films, soaps or interesting news items. I'll be talking about favourites from the past and all the great sounding stuff that I haven't watched yet. Believe me, there are a lot of popular series that I haven't had the chance to see! Let the Count and I be your guide in the world of entertainment! Comments are welcome on what I'm currently watching but no spoilers please or your comments will not be published!

I'be been doing a mixture of reading and watching some reality tv this week, to see which shows appealed to me. So this week I watched Coal, Mountain Men, Yukon Men and Moonshiners.  


This was quite an interesting series, showing you the cramped and dangerous conditions that coal miners have to work in. We also had the tensions between management and workers, machinery breakdowns, flooding, gas leaks, stealing equipment, mine inspections and a few great fights to enjoy. It's just a pity that the show got cancelled after one season as I was just starting to get into it! If you google it, you'll see lots of articles about the mine being sued. RIP The Legend.

I found this show to be pretty slow and repetitive. One couple would talk every day about animal tracks around the house. One guy would be repairing things on a daily basis and fighting with a worker. One guy's snowmobile broke down every day causing him to hike through the snow. One guy talked every day about the wolf pack in the area. It was just the same thing over and over with little in the way of tension or drama.

This seemed to have a bit more action than Mountain Men. On the plus side we had the very cute huskies and their sled-I have always wanted a go on one of them! The down side for me is the hunting of the animals. I don't like seeing that. I have no issue with the people in the show doing it as they have to live on something-but I just can't bring myself to look at it! Not for me!

This was much more my thing! You have the tension of the men setting up the illegal brew, transporting the moonshine, hiding from the law. We also follow the cops and agents as they watch for illegal activity and bust the moonshiners. This has more tension, excitement and a good dose of humour. The men in season one and two which I watched right through, are entertaining as well. I'll be watching season 3 tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment