Monday, 3 November 2014

Reading with Chuckles #11


Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I've been attacking different series that have been sitting on my shelves for years, getting them read and ready to trade online. I've also re-read a few and have decided to part with them so I finally have some decent space on my shelves again! So here is the latest on what I've read or abandoned this week.

Firstly I went back to the Anna Strong series by Jeanne C Stein. I gave book one three stars when I read it first and my opinion stayed the same, despite it being a bit slow. I went on to read book two but it never really grabbed me so I put the whole series into my trade pile and sent it to a friend in England this week. I went on to the Allie Beckstrom series by Devon Monk plus two other series she wrote but again, there was just something missing in the books for me. I tried Keri Arthur's Nikki and Michael series and found it too slow, tried CE Murphy's  Negotiator series and just didn't like it, and read a few others that I didn't want to keep. The little book of the end of the world was a book I reviewed for an author friend.



   




No comments:

Post a Comment