Saturday, 1 November 2014

Stacking the Shelves #56


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

This week has been another busy book week for chuckles. I am roaring through my tbr, tackling all the series that have been sitting there for ages unread. I'm also re-reading books that I gave three stars to when I first started on Goodreads to see if I still like them enough to keep, and to see if I wanted to continue with the series. The results were surprising and in 3 weeks, I have moved about 80 books from my shelves into the trading pile, which is GREAT! The tbr has went from just over 800 down to under 750 for the first time in over four years!!! Yea! My tbr are the books that I physically own on paperback and ebook and it includes encyclopedias and stuff that I haven't looked at since I bought them. Still, I feel as if I'm getting things under control a bit. I have about a hundred books split between my Kobo and Kindle so about 650 are physical books. Most are in series that I have still to complete ie The Morganville Vampires, The Elm Creek Quilting series etc and a pile of Indie books still to sample! The plan is to trade for the next week or two so I can get more space, spend the winter catching up on the series I've started, then once the holiday season is over mid-January, get stuck into the Indies and other tbrs that I might trade if I don't enjoy them. I have a cunning plan! 

But of course that doesn't stop me adding cool stuff that I want to wishlist and picking up books that I've been looking for. I mean it's RUDE not to buy a few isn't it! I've got one review book this week and I'm expecting a couple more in the next two months but it's great not to be overloaded with them. This time last year I was so stressed with book deadlines that I had to take a step back and stop taking on so many reviews. And I feel much better for it. I'm enjoying my reading a lot more now. 

Some of these books were held over from last week's horrorfest haul as you can see with the Edward Lee stuff. I read part one of Gameland a few weeks ago and thought it had enough potential for me to get the omnibus cheap to take a look at. The bought paperbacks include two books about the Deadliest Catch tv series which I'm addicted to, and the other is the concluding part to a trilogy that I've been waiting for. Cool!

FREE/BARGAIN DOWNLOADS:








BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:


FOR REVIEW:

14 comments:

  1. I didn't know about Edward Lee but so many books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully some of them are short novellas so I can get through a few in one night! Hopefully I'll get on to these books in the spring.

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully unique haul as always! :-) Well done for powering through the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty pleased! These books have been gathering dust for years and now I'll trade what I can or bookcross them, and the rest will be donated to local charity shops. Also my book buying will cease for the winter in about a week as there will be delays due to too much extra mail, bad weather and lack of delivery drivers until New Year is over with!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them! Great haul!
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I like at least a couple of them! Horror books can be hit and miss but I look forward to trying them anyway. Pity I couldn't read a few for Halloween but I'm tackling the books that have been on my tbr the longest first! Thanks for visiting...

      Delete
  4. I havent read any of these. I hope you enjoy them!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some serious TBR clearing! And a good haul too, ha. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I do a good clearout, I get more in though...at least this time it is ebooks which hide nicely out of sight on the computer!

      Delete
  6. Wow, good for you for getting on top of your tbr!! Mine is quite under control at the moment and...I don't even know what to do with myself. XD hehe. I have a fair few library books, but I'm not worried about them. If I send them back unread, so be it. But with like NO arcs on the tbr, YAY. I feel so free. XD I'm catching up on some old series like City of Bones and Harry Potter. xD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully now I can catch up on some series I've been meaning to finish. That would knock plenty from the tbr!!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I certainly hope they are! Mind you I don't want them all to be good or I might have to keep them all...

      Delete