Saturday, 8 November 2014

Stacking the Shelves #57


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

I've hardly posted anything on my blog this week because I have been so busy around the house. I'm trying to get everything looking clean and tidy before winter really sets in so I don't have too much to do. I've also been doing a lot of reading, book trading and taking things to charity shops. So I'm pretty darn tired AND I had very little time to go looking for books for my STS this week, which is why it looks a little sparse! I'm hoping for quiet book weeks over the next month or two while I get my winter readathon started and catch up on these series I keep promising to get to. Then I can start the new year with a much lighter tbr! That's the plan!
 
This week I picked up The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith. Now I'm not a fan of crime novels-I've only liked the Alex Cross and Lincoln Rhyme series-so I don't know if I'll like this series. But as it is JK Rowling, I'll give it a fair chance. The Ruins is a film that my dad loves so I thought I'd try the book first. And I am no longer buying the Alex Cross paperbacks as they take up too much room so I'm getting the ebooks instead.
 
FREE/BARGAIN DOWNLOADS:
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I really need to start the Robert Galbraith series! I have the first book just waiting to be read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get a huge pile of books read next year including this series! I'm making good progress on the tbrs so by next winter my numbers should look much better. Yea!

      Delete
  2. I've not read any of these, but I hope you enjoy them! I've had my eye on The Silkworm, but who knows when I'll actually get to read it.

    Have a great week!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only trying this series to see what JK does with a crime novel. It's not my favourite genre but we'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  3. Oh some new books! I hope you'll enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nice to have a small haul for a change!

      Delete
  4. Crime/mystery stories are more my thing, so sometimes I wonder if I should try The Silkworm... But then I get afraid of not liking it and being mobbed with hate, ha. Hope you enjoy it, anyway!

    Someone actually calculated my TBR for me today -- 990 books, not counting freebies, ARCs or library books. *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh mega big tbr! I dread to think what your grand total is! Mine hit 900 during the summer but it is down below 750 now which is great! When I start catching up on my series, that number will come down a good bit. Darn these authors with their great sounding books!!!

      Delete
  5. The Ruins was a great read!

    Here's how I Stacked the Shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly like the sound of it and I really want to see the film!

      Delete