Saturday, 27 September 2014

Stacking the Shelves #51


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. Links will take you to a Goodreads page or Smashwords page where you can view the book plot. Don't say I'm not good to you!
This was a good week for getting books in but not a great week for actually reading anything. I've been busy all week trying to get everything moved ready for the workmen coming in to fit new windows and doors on Tuesday. It is going to be a big upheaval and I'm not looking forward to it at all. But it need to be done to stop the winter draughts getting in and it will only be a day or two at the most so I better just suck it up! I'm also just lazing in front of the dvd player at night which is not helping me to get books read! I need a bit of a kick up the butt to get me focused on my tbrs again. Oh well, maybe next week!
So, my book haul this week reflects what I've been watching on TV with my Dog the Bounty Hunter books and the Marco Pierre White biography. I'm really excited to read the three of them but not until I get at least ten older tbrs read first! The review book was a lovely surprise from JL Bryan for everyone who took part in his book blitz and I look forward to reading it soon!
FOR REVIEW:
BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
FREE/BARGAIN DOWNLOADS:



















https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17261859-the-grimm-diaries-prequels-volume-7--10









https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17661963-happy-valentine-s-slay-children-of-hamlin-tooth-nail-fairy-tale-e








 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18484981-the-grimm-diaries-prequels-volume-15---18






















14 comments:

  1. Nice selection this week. I see quite a few that are new to me. Some of these look like they might appeal to me.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited by this week's haul-now I need to find time to read them...!

      Delete
  2. they're all new to me but I love the boxes. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box covers make me want to buy them all in paperback! Hopefully I will if they are as good as they sound...

      Delete
  3. You always find such good bargains! I'll have to look at some of these. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to reading this haul but I must clear some older tbrs first!

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling about clearing the older TBRs first! Ha! I hope you enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I say I want to clear the older tbrs, some awesome sounding book is released and I can't decide what to read!

      Delete
  5. I have to look into that Ghost Trapper book. I've wanted to read something by that author but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I have Jenny Pox, Nomad, Fairy Metal Thunder and Ghost Trapper but haven't read them yet! I need to get into some kind of book routine coz I'm getting nothing done at the moment. Maybe read two or three Kindle books, switch to a paperback, back to Kindle. That way I might start clearing my huge book haul...

      Delete
  6. So much awesomeness here! Happy reading and I hope you'll enjoy them all! :)

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/09/stacking-shelves-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent book haul! We need new windows to keep out the cold, too. But no money to do it. I may just sacrifice our view and put up plastic this year. *sigh* As the upheaval goes on, just keep chanting to yourself, "This too shall pass and it'll be so worth it." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has been worth it! We got half the windows done ten years ago but couldn't pay for the rest so this has been a long time coming! Now that the tidy up is over, we are pretty happy! I really hope you can get your windows fixed soon, fingers crossed.

      Delete