Saturday, 28 December 2019

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
I was in lazy mode yesterday so I've ended up a day behind in everything! The good news is that I successfully got the washing machine working thanks to advice from you guys to look for online tutorials for details on the machine. I'm now very happy to have done two lots of washing and caught right up with stuff. I'm taking a full week off from reading to catch up on a pile of documentaries I've been wanting to watch. It has been fun not worrying about targets and challenges for a bit! I'm working on my pie charts now and that'll be posted on 30th. I also want to be fully caught up on book reviews as the year ends but time seems to be getting away from me at the moment!
 
We had a quiet week just watching the sport on TV-the Darts World Championship for me, a bit of football and horse racing for my dad. I haven't done much online over the last week which is why I'm way behind on everything so I better get into gear if I want everything done by the end of the year. I am pleased to have reached my Goodreads and TBR goals which is giving me a happy buzz and there were times I wondered if I'd fail. I'm going to be more laid back about goals and challenges next year!
 
Chuckles Blogging World
I have EIGHT book reviews to write, two pie charts to construct, a couple of posts to write, a pile of newspapers to cut, a pile of ironing to do, comments to catch up with, blogs to visit and only FOUR days to get it done before the year ends. I'm sort of ready to pull out my hair at this point as it all takes too long to do!!!
 
Book Reviews
 
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup
 
Regular Posts
 
Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup
 
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
 
Top Ten Tuesday
 
Books From The Backlog
 
Discussion Posts 
 
Chuckles Chuntering
 
Reading Challenges 
 
Tackling The TBR
 
 Blogmas 2019
 
Blogmas #21-Best Books To Be Films
 
Blogmas #22-Best Non Political Non-Fiction Books

Blogmas #23-Best Creature Feature Books

Blogmas #24-The Twelve Days Of Frightmas

Blogmas #25-Best Book Related Swag

Blogmas #26-Books That Disappointed Me

Blogmas #27-Best Zombie Books

Blogmas #28-Best Short Stories & Novella Books

Films & TV
I've had a few long lies so no TV in the morning. I caught up with some political documentaries over the last few nights which has been fun!
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards
none this week
 
Currently Reading/Up Next
I won't be reading anything for the next few days so I can recharge my batteries. I've got no idea what I'm reading next!
 

12 comments:

  1. Well done on the GR and TBR goals! I hit my GR this week so I'm happy dancing.

    Good luck with getting all you want finished by hogmanay but ask yourself what's the worst that'd happen if some of it slipped into the new year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on hitting your goal too! The thing is the family superstition is that all tasks need to be completed by the end of the year and I do try to follow that! The stuff offline like the ironing, newspapers, rubbish out on NYE etc will take priority though!

      Delete
  2. I’m glad you got the washing machine working! Enjoy your documentaries.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief to know what I'm doing with it at last and get caught up with the washing!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on reaching your GR goal, and a few days early too. Whoo hoo! Good luck writing your reviews. I only have two to write and I am avoiding it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about six to write but don't know if I can get that done before the year ends.

      Delete
  4. My catch up list is just as crazy. Time got away from me and I'm in panic mode. I know there are some reviews I won't get done before the end of the year. They are good ones so it will be a fun start for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where the time has gone this month so I'm in a right flap trying to get stuff done! My reviews might need to wait until next year so I can focus on things around the house!

      Delete
  5. I am glad that you were able to get your washer working properly. I have a lot of end of the year stuff to do but I tend to put things off until the last minute. I am a hopeless case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much caught up with the housework stuff so I'm pretty happy! Being six reviews behind is not a disaster if I don't get them done!

      Delete
  6. You've been busy! Great going. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a crazy busy week but I'm getting there!

      Delete