
For a third time I have changed the original order of the posts to do these character based ones nearer to the start of the month and let me read a few more books to add to the book categories in later posts. These are the best book partnerships in books I read this year.
Sabina Kane series
Giguhl the demon can turn into a hairless cat, loves roller derby management and Demon Fight Club. He becomes friends with Brooks who has a drag queen alter ego diva called Pussy Willow. These characters provide the fun and laughs in the series.
Extinction Trials
Stormchaser, Lincoln and Reban Don all make an excellent team though each have their individual attributes. I loved these guys and the supporting cast in the trilogy.
The Last Bastion Of The Living
Dwayne and Maria are a great couple who got involved after fighting alongside each other in the zombie apocalypse. I'm not one for romance but I loved their relationship!
As The World Dies
There are so many great partnerships in this book but I love that bitchy best pal dynamic between Ken and Lenore, complete opposites in every way. Ken is white, gay, scared and adores his cat, Lenore is black, overweight and tough. I love them both!
Penumbra
This is only the prequel but I really hope that we see more of Dustin and the talking sword Vanitas! Vanitas is pretty cool.
Damoren
I loved the friendship between Matt and his new friend Allan, and the whole demon fighting group had an interesting dynamic. I also enjoyed the relationship of sorts that each person had with their holy weapons.
I'm enjoying seeing all your lists and you're definitely adding to my TBR/Wishlist. I can't wait to do a few more this year. I think I initially picked 4 I wanted to do.
ReplyDeleteI'm terrible for adding to other people's lists! I'm going to cut my outside challenges and just do a few so I don't get stressed!
DeleteThe bitchy best pal dynamic between Ken and Lenore made me snort. LOL And I liked Dwayne and Maria too.
ReplyDeleteI loved them so much! That trilogy broke my heart!
Delete