Tuesday, 3 December 2019

Blogmas #2-Best Reality Series I Watched This Year


When I think reality tv, it isn't things like real housewives kind of stuff. I go for fun gameshows, cooking competitions, series about tough jobs and hobbies, that kind of thing. Here are some of the series I really enjoyed this year and what I need to catch up with.

NB: Oops! Forgot to post this yesterday!

1) American Ninja Warrior
Season 11 was the best ever! Total Victory for one of my favourites! I'm already waiting for season 12 in May!

2) My Kitchen Rules
I just started watching MKR this year and have watched a few seasons of the Australia, New Zealand and South African versions. Still hunting down the US version online.

3) Pimp My Ride
I love seeing those heaps of junk turned into gleaming cars and vans and seeing what weird gadgets get put into the finished vehicle.

4) Spartan Ultimate Team Challenge
I love this kind of thing and I was cheering on the ninja warrior teams! I preferred the first season with the outdoor race. Pity there were only two seasons to enjoy! 

5) Masterchef Australia
I really don't think the right person won last time and felt she got preferential decisions. Now I worry that I won't enjoy it as much with Matt, George and Gary all gone.

6) The Titan Games
I used to love the strong man competitions on tv every Christmas so it was fun watching strong men and women in this new set of challenges. 

7) Sasuke
I'm totally up to date on Sasuke and waiting for a copy of the new series when it is televised. My dad and I have been watching all the previous shows too for added fun.

8) Ultimate Beastmaster
I loved the three seasons that I've watched and I still hope there might be a fourth. It was fun watching the event and the rivalry between each country's commentators!

9) Outback Truckers
My dad and I enjoyed this in the afternoons, watching reruns of two seasons. I don't know if there is another season coming or if it is finished.

10) Deadliest Catch
A binge watch of seasons 13, 14 and 15 was fun and I'm ready for the new series!

I need to catch up and watch these over the winter

1) Take The Tower 
I'm not sure what to expect from this one but any new thing like this will be worth a watch. Besides, my dad loves Dolph!

2) Wicked Tuna
I'm going back to the very beginning as I can't remember where I stopped. A good excuse for a great big binge watch!

3) Bering Sea Gold
I like seeing what Emily and Sean are doing but I miss Zeke and I'm not greatly excited about future seasons as I don't like the new big dredge guys or the Kelly's. Might be time to pack it in.

4) Yukon Gold
Again I don't remember where I'm at so I plan a binge watch of every season.

5) Gold Rush
I'm one season behind but I think I might go back and refresh my memory by watching the whole lot again.

6) Gold Rush White Water
So great to see Dakota Fred back again and I look forward to the two seasons so far.

7) Masterchef US 
I still have the last season to catch up with this winter.

8) Great British Bake Off
It recently finished on our Ch 4 and I need to watch it. I've heard that it's been dumbed down so if the challenges are too easy, that won't be as much fun to watch.

9) Ninja Warrior-various
I've been able to grab seasons 3 & 4 of NW France, 1 & 2 of NW Switzerland, season 1 of NW Italy...you don't need to know the language to enjoy the competition!

10) Top Chef 
I have one season of Canada left to watch then I'll binge watch the whole lot of the US version.

6 comments:

  1. I used to love Top Chef. Those people never failed to amaze me. I am surprised by how much I enjoy cooking competition shows, as I do not enjoy cooking at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be watching that at some point through the winter! I don't cook either but I love cooking competitions! There's something about the drama and the meals going wrong that I really enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I've missed so much this year. I really want to catch up on Deadliest Catch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Deadliest Catch so much! I've never been interested in going fishing but I love these dangerous fishing reality TV things!

      Delete
  3. Awesome list!! One show that I always get hooked into is Alaska State Troopers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it once or twice in years past but I've never really followed police reality TV-except COPS when I was younger!

      Delete