Friday, 20 December 2019

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Another week has gone by and I haven't used the washing machine. The so-called instructions are useless and it has nothing on the settings, what to use for what or anything that would be in any way useful to the user. It is going to be pure guesswork on testing out washes on each cycle. Why do they make these new fangled machines so complicated??? And the one I picked looked like the least complicated version!!! I'll have to get started using it over the weekend as the washing is going to pile up again next week.
 
On the book side of things I'm in a good place to hit my targets. I'll get down to 899 for the TBR before the year ends and hit my 200 book total for my Goodreads Challenge. I'll be working this week on my challenge posts for January and my pie charts for the end of the year. That is always good fun! No book buying for Chuckles until January now but I'm adding something that I found in my room and hadn't added to Goodreads at the time.
 
PAPERBACKS/HARDBACKS
 
 

Chuckles Blogging World
 I'll be spending the weekend catching up with a couple of book reviews, answering comments and visiting blogs.

Book Reviews
 
Chuckles Mini Reviews Catchup

Jaye Wells-Killing Rocks (Bloodhound Files #3)

Michael Ashcroft-Jacob's Ladder

Ant Middleton-The Fear Bubble

Regular Posts

Chuckles Friday Reading Roundup

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday

Books From The Backlog

Discussion Posts
 
Chuckles Chuntering
 
Reading Challenges
 
Tackling The TBR
 
Blogmas 2019
 
Blogmas #14-Best Historical Fiction Books

Blogmas #15-Best Thriller Books

Blogmas #16-Best Urban Fantasy Books

Blogmas #17-Best Fantasy Books

Blogmas #18-Best Apocalypse Books

Blogmas #19-Best Animals Books

Blogmas #20-Best Non Zombie Horror Books

Films & TV
I've amused myself at night watching a few political based things but overall, it's been about watching the Darts World Championship!
 
Book Tags/Blog Awards 
none this week
 
Currently Reading/Up Next 
A pretty busy week of reading as I tackled a few cryptid related shorter reads under 200 pages and tried to take a few fantasy reads that didn't grab me off the TBR. This week it is about closing in on my two booky goals which I can then finish before the year ends. Next up are more shorter reads to get me to my goals!
 
 

20 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Terror Mountain. How cool is that? My mother just bought a new dryer and I'm hearing similar things from her. Just a thought, have you checked anything on Youtube to see if you can find tutorials? I'm always amazed at the stuff Mr. Barb can find on there. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terror Mountain was a good read-I liked that one! There should always be more Sasquatches in books! Actually I never thought of trying YouTube for a tutorial for that model...need to check that out! Say hi to Cass and Apollo and Mr Barb!

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain because my dryer broke this week. It just says “maintenance needed” on its control panel. That’s not super helpful! Also, it’s going to be fun to find a dryer repair person who’s willing to come out here during the holidays.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no...I feel your pain too! Stupid mechanical crap! I can imagine the difficulty of getting it fixed now. They're quick enough to take your money but slow in getting stuff fixed!

      Delete
  3. It hadn't really dawned on me until today that my regular end of month posts also need to have their end of year counterparts. I've got double the blogging to do!
    Congrats on your 899 TBR :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting there with the blog posts and just a few for my 2020 challenges to do!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting your TBR number down that much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The washing machine I bought before the one I have now was so crazy complicated that I could pretty much launch missiles with it. I pretty much used 2 cycles - regular and handwash - and 2 water temps - cold and hot. And left all the other crazy stuff alone. When it died I went with as simple as possible and those are still the only cycles I use! Hope this week goes great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The instructions tell me how to fit it but not how to use the stupid thing! I paid a guy to fit it as I know nothing about plumbing but the instructions in one part say one thing and that is contradicted elsewhere. It's baffling!

      Delete
  6. Have you looked online for any information about the washer? I have gotten lucky with YouTubes and whatnot. I hope you figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb has suggested the same thing so I'll be checking that out today I hope. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  7. Dark Waters looks wicked! I've not tried the author before either. I'm still learning my new washer. I did find a wee bit of instructions by looking it up on line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't much like any of the characters in Dark Waters-for Special Forces, they all seem like idiots! I will be trying for online info, thanks!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the challenges! And yeah modern appliances can be baffling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't belong in the modern world-I think I belong in the Stone Age!!!

      Delete
  9. And wham, the other shoe drops in regards to the washing machine :-(
    I'm really sorry to hear that it is so complicated that it prevents you from easily using it. Hope you figure it out.

    But that little tidbit about going below the 900 mark by years end is great news!

    Bookstooge.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid washing machine! It'll be fine once I work it all out but I'm kind of scared to try! I don't another one to blow up on me! Oh I hit my targets last night so I'm pretty happy!

      Delete
  10. I go for as simple as possible with a washing machine too but they're still more complicated than they need to be. We bought a new one last year when we moved and I think in that time I've used two of the wash options and occasionally tinker with the temperature according to the fabric... Good luck working yours out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should try and get on with it today. I'll have a look on YouTube first and if I have no luck, I'll need to plunge right in!

      Delete