Gah it has been CHAOS in Chuckleville all day today! This morning first thing we got a call from the washing machine sellers to say there had been a cancellation and did we want a delivery today! Well we said yes then realised what a mess the house was in so we started running around like idiots to ensure a big enough passage to get it to the kitchen without wrecking anything! It was tiri ng especially when my dad and I have been feeling tired all weekend.
Then as I pulled a bag out of the way, I saw one of those huge house spiders just sitting a few inches from my fingers and I ran screaming from the room. My dad finally got the story out of me and went looking for the bugger. He said either my scream gave it a heart attack or it was already dead. It looked pretty alive to me. He tried to pick it up, then dropped it and couldn't find it. I was convinced it was running around resurrected and coming for me but he finally located the body to my relief. But I've been a wreck all day and I'm seeing things crawling every time I glance up even though nothing is there! I doubt I'll sleep tonight!
So the new washing machine is in and it looks great. It completed the set up test cycle without a problem so it is plumbed in ok and working with no leaks which is a relief. In the next day or two I can get back to doing the washing. We've had a few more windy days and nights but thankfully nothing else has fallen. The other fences are holding firm. I dread looking out of the window each morning in case something else is down!
As a word of warning, the computer sounds like it could be having a problem. It is starting to roar like a jumbo jet which is not normal so if I suddenly disappear over the festives, we're ok, it's just the computer has broken down. I'm planning to put it in for a service as soon as New Year sales are over. Hopefully it won't break before that!
Hope you all had a good weekend!

Congratulations on your new washing machine!! What a stroke of luck even though it did entail manic tidying up and spidery moments.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed your PC lasts a few more weeks
Ironically the computer is behaving itself since I wrote this post. I hope it continues because I don't have the money to replace it right now! Such a relief to have the washing machine-now I just need to work out the controls!
Deleteyou crack me up and i hope the computer hangs in there
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
Life is always lively in Chuckleville!
DeleteGlad you got your new washing machine in...and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your computer doesn't suddenly go kaput. :)
ReplyDeleteYou and me both! It sounds ok again at the moment so I hope it stays that way!
DeleteSorry to hear neither of you have been feeling well but that's great news about the washing machine! Always nice to get a nice new appliance that works without causing disaster! And I'm very glad the spider was dead.
ReplyDeleteWe both seem to be having trouble sleeping at the moment but we don't know why! I hate spells like that. My dad is having trouble with acid reflux at night too. It turns out my dad lied about it being dead...it was alive when I saw it and ran but he didn't want to tell me!
DeleteOhhh that seemed like a very busy day for you Chuckles. I just had my refrigerator replaced last week. They said they would deliver around 8:30 - 12:30pm. They didn't arrive until 2:30... I missed a full day of work because of that! I hope your computer is alright. Would miss all of your posts!
ReplyDeleteElle @ Keep on Reading
It never comes when they say it will. It's like they want to mess with you in some way and it's annoying! I'm hoping that having the computer unplugged most of Monday helped the problem as it has been running ok since then.
DeleteSending good vibes to your computer and glad you got your washer. We had so much rain here today you could do laundry outside!
ReplyDeleteNow I need to worry about learning all the settings for the washing machine! I hate learning to use new stuff!
DeleteHurrah! Glad you got the washing machine -- hand-washing everything is a nightmare!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is Nikki! I hate handwashing! I now need to learn to use this new machine so that could be a riot!
DeleteHey, hey, hey, you didn't have to wait until January for that washing machine! No more hand washing :-)
ReplyDeleteReading the other comments it seems like the computer might be behaving itself as well. That is definitely good news.
Bookstooge.wordpress.com
It seems to be behaving better which is good as I don't need anything else to break down!
DeleteFingers crossed the computer keeps ticking until you can get it sorted! My laptop screen is occasionally playing funny buggers (losing colour and going pixelated) so I'm feeling the fear that it's going to die before long! That'd be a nice start to 2020 wouldn't it? No computers... *sigh*
ReplyDeleteThe worst of the noise booting up seems to be gone which is good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the issue has gone!
Delete