Saturday, 27 August 2016

Stacking the Shelves #146


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!

I started this week wondering what to do with myself now that the Olympics are finished so, on hearing that the new season of Deadliest Catch comes out on dvd in October, I figured I should watch the last two seasons that I have to get fully caught up. The current plan is that each week I will attempt to catch up on one book series and one TV series that I am behind in. Lets see how we get on with that! I need to feel as if I am getting stuff watched AND book series read at the same time as I'm lagging behind on both.

I did get a bit of reading done since the Olympics finished but not as much as I'd have liked. I've been reading some non fiction sea disaster books since I'm in a Deadliest Catch mood, and I can pass these books onto my uncle to read. Tonight though, I'm moving back onto fiction as I need to start zipping through these books at greater speed! I haven't purchased anything this week but *luckily* I haven't uploaded all my book grabs from earlier this month so I still have lots to share with you! I just hope Blogger lets me get on with it this week without messing me about like last week! I'm also getting rid of unwanted dvds to Music Magpie and other stuff to charity shops to de-clutter the house so we can get it painted.

I also purchased a back support pillow/cushion to help me read in bed and it's very comfy! It has the name 'Batwing' and it does kind of look like a winged shape to it. The only problem is I hear the Batman TV series theme in my head all the time! It is kind of driving me a bit mental but I can't help it! Na na na na na na na na BATWINGS!  

DOWNLOADS:






20 comments:

  1. Oh I need to try more Medding books! I was a bit mixed by the first one but many love the series so I should try again. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first book but read it so long ago I'll need a reread before I catch up with the series. From now on I intend to finish each series I start so I don't need all these rereads!

      Delete
  2. I'll catch the occasional episode of Deadliest Catch, but The Curse of Oak Island is my go-to reality show. Anxiously awaiting their new season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen The Curse of Oak Island yet but I've heard good things about it. I think it might be time tio check it out.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these but the covers look awesome. I have one of those back rest things (which is super old school because how they are roughly half the size). Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying my Batwing! Pity my bed isn't as comfy-I'm going to have to empty my bank account again to buy a new mattress. Grrr. It has been non stop expense this year...

      Delete
  4. Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na... Now I have the Batman TV theme song in my head, too, thanks for that, Chuckles :p
    I hope you're not having trouble with commenting on my WP blog... I've found several comments in my spam-folder lately, from people who are regular commenters, too. I don't understand why it should be so difficult for us all to follow each other and comment where we want to.
    You have a nice selection of new books, The Serophim Breach looks awesome!
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty annoying tune isn't it! I haven't had any issues with your WP that I'm aware of. What happened was I was persuaded to set up a WP blog but before I even launched it I wasn't happy and tried to delete my account but they wouldn't let me. So when I try to sign in through blogger it sometimes rejects my email address as I used it to set up my WP account. It's a mess!

      The Seaphim Breach was one I voted for on Kindle Scout so I got a free copy as soon as it came out...excited!

      Delete
  5. I love the covers for The Serophim Breach and The Shuddering!! Happy reading :-) here is mine: https://pageturner20.wordpress.com/2016/08/27/stacking-the-shelves-41/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to find a few more really good horrors to read-I don't seem to find many that I want to grab!

      Delete
  6. I'm pretty sure I already own The Shuddering and Raven's Peak but not I need to look for Hour 23. Seems I can't visit here without you enabling me in some way. Batwing sound awesome and I really need to look into something like that because I find reading in bed so uncomfortable. Enjoy all you books and now the boys are running around the house singing "na na na na na na na na ....Batwing" with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh, I'm leading people astray! If my tbr is huge I will drag everyone down with me! The Batwing thing has been driving me mad all weekend, I swear! When stupid stuff like that gets into your head it's a nightmare!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a good haul! I know what you mean about not getting enough reading done, but hey, reading isn't meant to be work, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to get the balance right...either I'm reading or binge watching a tv series. Can't seem to get to a place where I can do both! Yeah I hate when reading feels more like a chore...I don't want it to go that way for sure!

      Delete
  8. LOL - your batwings. The Hawaiian location in The Serophim Breach sounds interesting. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batwings shows how mad I am sometimes! *grins* I liked the sound of The Seraphim Breach when I voted for it on Kindle Scout...getting the free finished copy is nice!

      Delete
  9. I watched Deadliest Catch for the first time in ages the other night, my favourite is the gold mining dudes on Gold Rush, every week they have one disaster after another and Axe Men, how some of these guys stay in business I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Ax Men and Gold Rush! Mental things always happen around those guys! If you want to see mad, check out Jungle Gold-it is crazy on a whole new level!!! Also love Bering Sea Gold, Wicked Tuna and Yukon Gold. Wish Amazon would release the damn dvds to buy though.

      Delete
  10. Good luck with catching up on your tv and book series. That pillow you bought to read in bed sounds neat! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete