Saturday, 20 August 2016

Stacking the Shelves #145


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!

Another mad week of watching the Olympics. I've been so nervous that I've felt sick watching some of them. Sport is meant to be fun to watch but I'm getting very stressed with it all! I still have a few nervous moments ahead as we reach the end of the competition. I only hope more of these drug cheats get stripped of their medals and banned for life. I hate seeing convicted drug cheats back in to take medals from clean athletes. Grrr. Anyway, I have also enjoyed the scenery. What a pity about the crime rate there or I'd love to visit!

On the book side of things I have got limited reading done but better than I expected this week. I hope things will be back to normal come tomorrow night! I haven't been on the computer much so I haven't picked up many new books but I still have some I haven't uploaded from 2 weeks ago so these are featuring today. I intended putting more up but blogger is being totally unresponsive and I'm getting pissed with it messing up graphics, deleting the book covers and putting gaps where they were not required-so I'm quitting for the day!

DOWNLOADS:

 
 

PAPERBACKS:








16 comments:

  1. Curious about the last one! I didn't know about any I confess. (PS: Betrayals by K. Amstrong isn't YA it's adult). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a true crime case that fascinated me for years and this is the first chance I've had to actually read a full book about it. I've seen some interesting documentaries about it. Look forward to reading this.

      Delete
  2. I like the cover for Heaven's Key... Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the plot turns out to be as good!

      Delete
  3. Nice haul - I like the looks of Heaven's Key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when I'll get to reading it-the tbr has exploded recently and I have a lot of catching up to do!

      Delete
  4. The Demon's Company looks and sounds great so I'm going to have to grab a copy. Rio is gorgeous but it seems there's been so much drama, not related to the actual competition this year than in the past. Glad you are still enjoying them. I have to take my grandpa to a reunion tomorrow but hope to get some reading done later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first book The Demon's Assistant so I had to find out what happens next. You might be able to grab the first part free on Amazon which is where I got it.

      I don't know what to do with myself now the Olympics are ending! Guess I can get some reading in now...

      Delete
  5. Watching sports is stressful enough and now this :/ I hadn't heard of your books but I hope you like them!
    Btw, I use Disqus but now there's an option for guest commentators and you don't have to sign up or anything :)

    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I like your blog, I refuse to have anything to do with DISQUS sorry! They require you to sign in using one of your own social networking sites and I never grant that access to third party companies.

      Delete
  6. Ooo, Green River has a chilling description. I might try that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read a lot of non fiction about serial killers-I thought it might be interesting to revisit those books for a change.

      Delete
  7. Fascinating bunch as usual! Hope you enjoy them with the Olympics out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope to increase my reading now. I got a whole book read last night so that's a good start!

      Delete
  8. All books look good great haul. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about a lot of the books I now have breeding on my tbr but finding time to read them is going to be a big problem! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete