Saturday, 6 August 2016

Stacking the Shelves #143


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! I'm noticing that some blogs set with Google Plus are trying to force you to open a Google Plus or Facebook account before you can leave a comment. Well, I have no interest in rejoining Google Plus or joining Facebook so if your blog uses this set up, I won't be following it or commenting! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
    
So another Saturday is here. This week I haven't been able to read a book or watch anything much on TV after the DIY nonsense earlier in the week. It took two days to dismantle my old bed and get the new one in and get everything back in place. It was a total nightmare but I needed to get it done before the Olympics so I can relax and watch stuff. My dad and I were knackered! Everything seemed to go wrong. DIY is not my friend. Anyway it is done now and my room is in some kind of order.
 
I ordered a few books for myself and a PS4 game for my dad for all our hard work but they haven't arrived. I swear Amazon is getting slower at sending stuff out to force people onto Prime, which I refuse to have anything to do with. Six days and my books are not yet dispatched? That is crap. The books featured this week are from the mega pile a few weeks back that I grabbed.
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 







20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week! I don't think I'm going to get chance to watch any of the Olympics. I never really do, but it's nice to catch some of it. Enjoy!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fuming with the BBC-their extra channels were all showing different things from what was advertised so all the events I recorded to watch later turned out to be stuff I wasn't interested in! I only saw the darn road race!!! Not a happy bunny...

      Delete
  2. Not really my kinds of reads, but I hope you enjoy them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly an urban fantasy-fest this week! Next week I expect to also have apocalypse and zombies to share! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love that cover of The Witches of Dark Root. So striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite unusual isn't it? I hope the book turns out to be as good as the cover...

      Delete
  4. Ugh. Don't even mention DIY - spent an hour fighting with a rusty snake and a clogged drain last night.

    Here's to better days of reading ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clogged drains are the bane of your life. I hate them! Mind you putting this stupid bed together should not have taken too days but nothing went right...washers and screws going missing despite being unpacked neatly, pieces going on in the wrong order and wrong way thanks to instructions you need a degree in astrophysics to figure out...aarrgghh!

      Delete
  5. DIY is exhausting! Glad to hear that you have everything put back into place. I hate waiting for packages to arrive! No fun! Hope you get your game and books soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckles and DIY are not a happy mixture. It never goes well. Then my dad says 'the worst is over' and 6 new disasters occur!

      Delete
  6. We've grabbed some of the same books. I know what you mean about DYI. Our house is 115 years old so sometimes changing a light bulb can be big ordeal. Glad you made progress and got the task dine though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIY at your place must be a real ordeal...I guess it's the disadvantage of an older house though they are usually more solid than the new things they throw up cheap here. I'm glad it's over but I've slept terrible since we got it done!

      Delete
  7. I like hearing about your home improvement / diy stuff. Inspiring. Karma looks amusing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone would have been inspired watching us struggle with pieces poking our eyes out and the swearing! When I think of what still needs to be done, I want to scream! This is what happens when you neglect stuff for a few years-suddenly it all needs done and it is is a nightmare!

      Delete
  8. That is a looong time to wait for your books to even ship out! I love your use of language (knackered!). Enjoy the Olympics. Are you rooting for anyone, or any sport, in particular? I enjoy watching Gymnastics and Diving, two events I wouldn't dream of EVER attempting. But they are fun to watch. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm losing patience with Amazon but it's the best place to get all the self published books I read so I can't really stop using it. Grrr. I watch a lot of Olympic events (see my new Olympic Post for details!) but trying to see everything you want isn't easy when you are having to channel hop all the time!

      Delete
  9. Wow. Some great looking books. I spy a couple I'll be nabbing!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy the nabbed books! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  10. Glad to hear you got your new bed installed, DIY can be a pain indeed. I see you got two more Emma L Adams books, I really like her books. I really enjoyed Adamant. I hope your amazon order arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete