Friday, 19 August 2016

Chuckles Goes Olympic Day Thirteen


Day Thirteen and the excitement continues for Team GB. Another pile of medals with a few more possible today. Should be another nerve-shredding day! 

What better place to start than the awesome Brownlee brothers taking gold and silver in the triathlon. I love this event and I love these guys! They must rank up there with Britain's greatest athletes! Alistair defends his Olympic title with brother Jonny taking silver.  You guys are something very special!


It was also gold again from Jade Jones in the taekwondo! 


Saskia Clark and Hannah Mills finally got their hands on their sailing gold after waiting for the final medal race!


A brilliant silver for Jon Schofield and Liam Heath in the canoe sprint!


Marcus Ellis and Chris Longridge exceeded all expectations by taking a wonderful bronze in the badminton, Britain's first men's doubles medal!


I was so gutted for Adam Gemili after his outstanding run in the 200 metre final-getting the same time but just edged out of bronze. Agony! He ran so well, he deserved something! 

2 comments:

  1. I watched a little bit over the past few days - especially the track and field events. I can't believe the stupid USA swimmers. What idiots. That seems to be getting all the coverage now. At least I am glad Phelps wasn't a part of it. Glad you are still enjoying the games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what they thought they were doing! It's a really crazy story that they'd never get away with! I'm also waiting for all the failed drug tests in some events I watched especially on the athletics track. Mind you, the drug testing system in Rio looks very poor and I think some are going to get away with it sadly.

      Delete