Saturday, 26 March 2016

Stacking the Shelves #127


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                        
Another week done! It was not greatly productive. On the home front I tidied out the cupboards in the kitchen, checking expiry dates on tins and picking out a few extras to put in a donation bin for the local food bank. I try to get a bag to them every month or two as you never know when you might need to rely on the kindness of others yourself. Next week, I'll be taking four bags of unwanted books to the local charity shop before I decide to trip over them again! I also plan to get the new rain collection bin up and running to save water. We get plenty rain so that will be fine for the future needs of the garden! On the book review side of things I sort of gave up when I saw how many old reviews needed to be done. What I thought was a few days hard work will take at least a month to do. I was depressed about that and didn't blog most of the week! That was stupid as I could've got some reviews done and reduced the pile! I'll start again this weekend.

The reading side of things went ok. I couldn't decide on a theme so I decided to mood read a zombie book and it got me started on a mad desire to read more zombies! I think I'll be mood reading again this week as I have no definite plan yet. I'll decide on Sunday I guess. I need a few quick reads to keep me motivated after a few abandoned books. I did get into a great series at the start of the week-a zombie series called Arisen and I read books 2 and 3 before trying a few other zombies. I think I'll get on to book 4 tonight which will be GREAT!

DOWNLOADS:




















12 comments:

  1. No Such Thing a Werewolves could be cool - there are so few really good werewolf horror novels that don't descend into cheesy paranormal romance. The Last Plague could be interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the cover for it and it's been a while since I read a werewolf book not written by Patricia Briggs or Kelley Armstrong! Covers for the series are great!

      Delete
  2. Werewolves and zombies are so much fun to read about. It looks like you added some great books this week. I hope you enjoy all of them. Have a great week!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing much better than a week full of monster buys! I can sense another monster week or urban fantasy week coming up soon!

      Delete
  3. So many books. How do you find time to read all of these books. I hope you enjoy all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only get time to read at night but most books I have are under 250 pages which I can mostly fit into a night or night and a half. As for finding time, er...my tbr is up at nearly 600 at the moment and that doesn't count the other books still to be uploaded!

      Delete
  4. I always love seeing what books you bought. I think I need There Are No Such Things as Werewolves. The cover really caught my attention. Do you usually plant a big garden? We don't have a place for one but my grandparents did when I was young and I loved getting veggies out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done gardening myself! We have enough space to grow some plants and flowers and place some pots and one of those small plastic covered greenhouses. I'm on a money saving kick right now and plan to grow herbs, fruit and veg for use in soup, pasta sauces, salads and curries. It might encourage me to eat a few more!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a good haul as usual! I think I'm glad I don't have your eye for a bargain, haha. I'd be inundated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love werewolves, and maybe one day, I'll get into zombies as well... It's always good to expand my reading horizons.
    You're so good to give to the food bank on a regular basis, Chuckles! I need to find out if I can do that, too. Mostly, we only hear about the food bank in December, and I always give then, however, people need food the whole year, right?
    Have a wonderful week and happy mood-reading ;)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we haven't had to use the food bank ourselves but in 1999 we came close when my parents and I all lost our jobs in the space of 8 months. So I try when I can to put a bag of food aside for those not as lucky as we were then.

      There are so many types of zombie books out there that you might find some that suit you. There is such a wide range out there. I avoid the ones that are slow or heavy on romance and go for fast paced action packed zombie bloodbaths!

      Delete