Saturday, 5 March 2016

Stacking the Shelves #124


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts. So if you use DISQUS, I can't visit you! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                     
It's another Saturday morning and it's pretty darn cold today. The UK weather forecast for March looks cold, wet and snowy so that doesn't fill me with excitement. As long as the storms have finished, I'll be ok with anything else. So on the book buying front I grabbed paperbacks of series I've already started which is exciting but in the Joseph Talluto series for some reason, book 7 is not available in paperback yet the rest of the series up to and including book 9 is? Very frustrating! On the downloads side of things, it's preppers and zombies. I'm still adding books to tbr from the pile I found weeks ago. I also managed to grab another big pile but it could be summer before I get them all uploaded at this rate! Lovely!

I didn't read as much as I'd have liked this week and I'm feeling pretty tired for no good reason. I might just skip making dinner tonight and order a pizza or something. It's a long day ahead when you can't be bothered! Anyway, I didn't have a theme for this week as I couldn't really decide what I was doing so I read a few more prepper books. Yesterday I decided on Urban Fantasy Week which will run from yesterday until a week on Sunday, giving me 10 days of reading. I've got quite a few UF books that have been on my shelf upstairs for too long so I'll tackle them this 'week'. I got off to a good start by abandoning 3 last night...

DOWNLOADS:




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18457458-dark-days-rough-roads

  
            https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17794859-into-the-darkness 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8488492-patriots 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23651819-bug-out-part-1 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25561794-emp
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23009834-alpha-farm---the-beginning
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12461118-the-plan

PAPERBACKS:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26830860-grind
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26790567-the-zombie-wars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28225588-the-zombie-wars


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21410669-after-the-dust-settled
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22062630-rise-from-the-ashes
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22874488-an-undeclared-war


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25025465-the-homecoming
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25726680-the-quest
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28374974-castroville


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18586938-requiem-for-the-dead







27 comments:

  1. Wow! That's quite the haul!! I haven't heard of any of these but I hope you love them :)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good haul and next week is looking pretty good too! A few of my pre-ordered books are due to arrive today or tomorrow so they will be on the next haul...plus more prepper fiction and zombies! Perfect! *smiles happily* Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Years ago I used to only read Urban Fantasy. I was sooo into it. Then other genres came along and I got distracted so I haven't read a good one in a while. I do want to get back to them soon.

    Hope you enjoy your new books! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I was so into vampires, shifters and demons. I think I bought or read most of what was available, avoiding ones that sounded more like PNR. Then suddenly I rediscovered fast paced zombie books and UF took a bit of a back seat! I have a few UF series to catch up with though. I need to have weeks devoted to specific series catchups I think...

      Delete
  3. THAT IS AN AMAZING HAUL! I hope you have a brilliant time with each of them!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aditi! I'm pretty excited about these books so I hope I enjoy most of them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Darn, I tried to leave a message on your STS page but I can't because you use DISQUS! I don't give third party companies like that access to my account as that allows them to use it/change things without my permission. It's a shame...I really like your blog!

      Delete
  4. so many books for you and they're all new to me except the last one. I had tried the first one but was disappointed maybe I should try again. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first Kelly Meding book but it's years since I read it and I barely remember a thing! When I do my series catch up I need to start with book one I think!

      Delete
  5. Sometimes ordering pizza is the way to go. I love taking a peek at all of the zombie and prepper books that you find. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get my pizza! *sob* I found an almost out of date lasagna in the fridge that needed to be used so I had to do that instead! Not fair...On the zombie and prepper front, lots more to come! A friend of mine in America is a prepper and she alerts me to a TON of books and authors which keeps me happy!

      Delete
  6. I dont recognise any of the books this week, but I hope you enjoy them, as ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to get through some urban fantasy and YA books that have been on my shelf for YEARS before I get to read these though!

      Delete
  7. "The UK weather forecast for March looks cold, wet and snowy." Yup, sounds pretty much like the Canadian one. Only good thing about the cold is that it's easier to stay inside and read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is the good thing about winter isn't it! In my part of Scotland we usually miss the worst of the weather but those winter storms had me on edge. I can't imagine living where there are hurricanes and tornadoes...

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, you weren't kidding when you said you had added a load of books! I hope you'll have fun with all your prepper and zombie stories :)
    We have the same kind of weather in Switzerland, too. It snowed on Thursday and yesterday, and I'm just over winter now... I would like to be able to cycle to work, as I don't feel like working out at home :D
    Have a fantastic week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we don't get much snow in my part of the country. I like looking at it but I hate going out in it! I have no sense of balance! I'm feeling quite gleeful about the book haul! I do love the buzz of grabbing new books! Hello, I'm chuckles and I'm a bookaholic...

      Delete
  9. Must say some of those zombie covers are not appealing which usually affects my picks. Rainy here in my parts. Great for staying in and reading ;-) Have a good UF reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the zombie and prepper books I feature are self published so the authors don't have big publishing houses to pay for pretty covers. I do like nice covers but most of my reading is self published or small publishing companies so I guess I'm used to plainer covers now!

      Delete
  10. I need to read one of Kelly Meding's books -- I think we've talked about her work before? I've got Trance to read. Enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we did talk about her before. Trance wasn't for me...nothing wrong with the story or writing, just not my kind of plot. Beautiful cover though! I wrote to her to say how much I liked the first of her Dreg City novels and she sent me a lovely reply thanking me which I wasn't expecting!

      Delete
  11. Can't wait to see what urban fantasy you read this week. I really have been missing that genre. Thanks for mentioning the zombie books which have great dogs in them on my blog. They were definitely I felt added to my wishlist. Hope you enjoy your pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to write out a list of zombie and prepper books with dogs, and a plot outline...I might do it as a blog post this week if I get the time. That sounds like a plan!

      Delete
  12. You have some awesome books as always! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! Watch out for those pesky aliens invading! *hums The Eve of the War*

      Delete
  13. 21 books? Wow, just Wow! That would last me for about two months of reading. I hope the weather improves for you, and you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the zombie/prepper ones are under 200 pages so I can sometimes read a book per night which helps! Who knew there were so many in my favourite genres!

      Delete