Saturday, 19 March 2016

Stacking the Shelves #126


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. I don't allow any company access to my social media accounts and I certainly don't allow them to edit and take over my accounts the way DISQUS does. So if you use DISQUS, I can't leave comments on your page so I can't really follow you back, sorry! And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me so there might not be a message from me some weeks or you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                       
Here we are with another week and March is getting closer to an end. Still can't believe how time has been flying by. This has been quite a gruesome week for getting stuff done and I'm tired and sore. I usedmy new water jet thing from Aldi to give the window edges and the doors a decent clean, something I kept forgetting to do-but for the last two days my ribs are aching and my arms feel like they have been pulled out the sockets! Still, it's a job done. I had hoped to get our rain collection bin set up but my dad won't let me touch his drill and he's been glued to the horse racing all week, his yelling giving me a 4 day headache! And of course the pasta last night decided to annoy me by taking ages to go soft so my back was pleading for mercy! I plan to do nothing and feel sorry for myself this weekend!

On the computer side of things I also got a ton of things done. As you might have seen on my earlier blog post, I decided this week to tackle all the old reviews I never did back in 2010-2014. I have lost the notes for all of these reviews so knowing I had to do mini reviews from memory, I kept putting it off. This week I got started and hoped to be finished by the weekend but I still have a ton to get through. It is quite depressing but when it's done it will make a huge difference to my Goodreads pages! It will leave me with all the reviews I do have notes for, a handful that I plan to reread and write new notes for, encyclopedias/colouring books which I only have a few lines to say once I take a quick look at them. This will make me feel there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as reviews go and when I catch up during the year, I won't let another backlog occur!

Book wise this was Horror Week at The Book Cave and it got off to a decent enough start but by the middle of the week I was struggling to lift a horror book, having lost the mood for them! So I switched to non fiction disaster related books and fictional books about nuclear war which are a different type of horror. It gets more books looked at. My STS this week includes a few new books I got this week and another pile I was directed to by a friend! Nice! I'm excited by the bought paperback collection including the two sequels to Imperium which I'm looking forward to read soon! I haven't decided on my theme for this week-it will either be Paranormal or Disaster.

DOWNLOADS:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17214333-a-long-lonely-road
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29420140-the-dying-the-dead-1
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18044396-sync


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22606977-lights-out-in-america-s-dairyland
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21393576-the-reset
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11490394-the-road-home


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25637448-dawn-of-darkness
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18868016-friends-of-the-family
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22074666-after-the-blast

PAPERBACKS:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29551891-promise
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28233222-shadows
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20708969-special-features


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28683761-wrong-side-of-hell


20 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you are tired and sore but it sounds like you got a lot done. I just reviewed a book that I read a couple of months ago and had a hard time. I don't think I would be able to review anything I read years ago. It looks like you picked up some interesting books. I hope that you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm being a bit self indulgent but I HATE feeling tired all the time! One job down, about 20 to go and they are all bigger tasks! Ugh. And I looked at the number of old reviews to be done and wanted to cry! There are so many that I'm not even half way through! That's what I get for leaving it so long...

      Delete
  2. Nice haul, as always. I see a few there that caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to grab a few urban fantasies amongst all the disaster books!

      Delete
  3. I hope the soreness will subside quickly, Chuckles! At least it means your hard work paid off in more than one way :) And I also hope the headache has disappeared.
    Your new books all look like ones you'll enjoy, and kudos for getting started on your backlog of reviews.
    Have a fantastic weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week is shaping up to be busy but I'm just not ready for it! I want to go to my bed for a whole week and just sleep! I did get stuff done last week though. This week, I need to get the rain collection water bin up and running, get some planting and trimming done and cut the darn hedges. Ugh. An exciting week ahead...!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you got in early on the Spring cleaning. Although you are sore it must be a tremendous relief. Whew! I feel you on the book backlog. I am hoping to get the tbr review pile done or at a handful by the end of the year. Have a good reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have so much to do...you know that feeling when you look at a list of jobs and think you'll never get it done? Yep, that's me! The review backlog is 100 times worse than I thought! It's a relief to switch off the computer and hide in one of my books!

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books. Have a great week.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just need to decide on this week's theme and I'm ready to read!

      Delete
  6. Great haul this week. Sounds like you are really getting through the Spring cleaning, you are doing a lot better than me! I definitely need to tackle the flat asap. I hope you enjoy them all :) Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might take me to winter to get all the spring cleaning done! I've got a list of 25 things needing done and I've completed number two. Not great!

      Delete
  7. Take a break, sounds like you deserve it. Congrats on your reviews. If I don't do them soon after I finish a book, they usually only get a rating. As a kid I always found nuclear war stuff scarier than horror stuff because I knew it could happen. Have another great reading week with all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was at school I was reading books on what to do if the bomb dropped while my class read Sweet Valley High! Such a cheerful child! I think I had an inner prepper trying to break out!

      Delete
  8. At least you're getting stuff done (unlike me..lazy butt). Enjoy your new books and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good excuse though-I can't imagine how tiring it is to have a young baby! You're more entitled to feel tired than I do after my minor cleaning exploits!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I do like a big book haul! Sorry for late reply, I've been offline most of the week!

      Delete
  10. I love Aldi (and Lidl too) they always have the best gadgets and I like the sound of the water jet gadget but it does suck that you ache. I prescribe putting your feet up and having a read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up doing pretty much nothing most of the week after I rearranged the kitchen cupboards to check on expiry dates. Ugh. Still, it was one more job done. Ineed a productive week next week though!

      Delete