Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Buried Under Book Reviews!


I haven't posted anything on the blog for a few days and I was asked if everything was ok. Yes everything is fine! I've just embarked on a very time consuming job over on Goodreads which I have spent two days on now. I worked out that there were a lot of blank reviews stretching back in places to books I looked at in 2010/2011. 

Now the problem is, most of these books I didn't like so I no longer have the book AND I have lost my book of review notes from back then. So basically from memory, I have to try and do a mini review for each one, and when I saw how many there were, I felt sick! For two solid days I've been writing these darn things and there are more to be done. It is driving me nuts!

I'm determined to get this done before the weekend. If I get this done, I'll then be left with a few books from last year, a few older books which I DO have still in my collection, a few I will write new notes for as I reread them, and the reviews from this year which I DO have all my notes for! That will be a much easier task! I also resolve that when I catch up with these gits, I will NOT let myself get so far behind on them again!!!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, That sounds one hell of a job, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still doing it! It's taken all week to get this far and I still have at least three days work on it ahead of me! It's depressing but when it's done it's a huge job out the way and every other review needing done I have full notes for!

      Delete
  2. I need to do the same. I have reviews for books I read over a year ago and no review yet. Even though they aren't review titles I like to review them. And trying to go back and remember details is not easy. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's depressing isn't it! I know it needs done but I just don't want to do it!

      Delete