Thursday, 17 October 2013

Throwback Thursday #7

This Meme is hosted by Melissa at My World in Words and Pages. Go to her blog and join us!

I blog about great looking new releases, new books sent to me for read and review, book reviews of what I've read and features about exciting new authors to try.

But what about all the books that are already on my TBR, waiting for me to read them? Don't they deserve a mention and a chance to be highlighted? Yes they do!

Welcome to Throwback Thursday, where I will take the time to tell you about some of the books that have been on my shelves for a while and maybe a few of you will add them to your wishlists/tbrs. If you have read them, why not leave a comment to tell me what you thought of it-but no spoilers please! This week I have chosen three more books to tempt you with.  I won The Queen's Gambit in a Goodreads Giveaway and it is a big book which is taking up a lot of space! I hope to read it in November when my review committments are completed.

HORROR CHOICE:
When the storm comes, the good life ends. And Hell on Earth begins.

For a hundred years, we've been tossing our toxic waste over our shoulders. No more. This morning, while we slept, something woke up. It's virulent. Malign. Intelligent. Ambitious. It's in our food, our water, our air. It's inside our bodies themselves. And it's not leaving. We are.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7714123-the-bridge 





TUDOR CHOICE:
The court of Henry VIII is rife with intrigue, rivalries and romance - and none are better placed to understand this than the women at its heart.

Katherine Parr, widowed for the second time aged thirty-one, is obliged to return to court but, suspicious of the ageing king and those who surround him, she does so with reluctance. Nevertheless, when she finds herself caught up in a passionate affair with the dashing and seductive Thomas Seymour, she believes she might finally be able to marry for love. But her presence at court has attracted the attentions of another . . .

Captivated by her honesty and intelligence, Henry Tudor has his own plans for Katherine and no one is in the position to refuse a proposal from the king. So with her charismatic lover dispatched to the continent, Katherine must accept the hand of the ailing egotistical monarch and become Henry's sixth wife - and yet she has still not quite given up on love.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16103840-queen-s-gambit 

He holds the secret that can end the world.

The truth: Nicholas Flamel was born in Paris on September 28, 1330. Nearly 700 years later, he is acknowledged as the greatest Alchemyst of his day. It is said that he discovered the secret of eternal life.

The records show that he died in 1418. But his tomb is empty.

The legend: Nicholas Flamel lives. But only because he has been making the elixir of life for centuries. The secret of eternal life is hidden within the book he protects—the Book of Abraham the Mage. It's the most powerful book that has ever existed. In the wrong hands, it will destroy the world. That's exactly what Dr. John Dee plans to do when he steals it. Humankind won't know what's happening until it's too late. And if the prophecy is right, Sophie and Josh Newman are the only ones with the power to save the world as we know it.

Sometimes legends are true. And Sophie and Josh Newman are about to find themselves in the middle of the greatest legend of all time.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/977841.The_Alchemyst 

2 comments:

  1. I'm terrible! I forgot to post mine today. Time has escaped me all together. But these look really good. And I think I need The Alchemyst. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Alchemyst has been on my shelf for ages! I picked up another 4 in the series going cheap but really need to get book 1 read.

      Delete