Thursday, 10 October 2013

Throwback Thursday #6

This Meme is hosted by Melissa at My World in Words and Pages. Go to her blog and join us!

I blog about great looking new releases, new books sent to me for read and review, book reviews of what I've read and features about exciting new authors to try.

But what about all the books that are already on my TBR, waiting for me to read them? Don't they deserve a mention and a chance to be highlighted? Yes they do!

Welcome to Throwback Thursday, where I will take the time to tell you about some of the books that have been on my shelves for a while and maybe a few of you will add them to your wishlists/tbrs. If you have read them, why not leave a comment to tell me what you thought of it-but no spoilers please! This week I have chosen three more books to tempt you with. 

HORROR CHOICE:
It was supposed to have been a romantic weekend getaway. Lisa was looking forward to spending time alone with her husband- and telling him that they were going to have a baby. Instead, it became a nightmare when her husband was arrested and Lisa was kidnapped. But the kidnappers aren't asking for ransom. They want Lisa herself. They're gong to make her a star- in a snuff film.

HISTORICAL CHOICE:
Tudor England. Henry VIII is on the throne, but has no heir. Cardinal Wolsey is charged with securing his divorce. Into this atmosphere of distrust comes Thomas Cromwell - a man as ruthlessly ambitious in his wider politics as he is for himself. His reforming agenda is carried out in the grip of a self-interested parliament and a king who fluctuates between romantic passions and murderous rages.

UF/DYSTOPIAN CHOICE:
Ashley was just trying to get through a tough day when the world turned upside down.

A terrifying virus appears, quickly becoming a pandemic that leaves its victims, not dead, but far worse. Attacked by zombies, Ashley discovers that she is a 'Wild-Card' -- immune to the virus -- and she is recruited to fight back and try to control the outbreak.

It's Buffy meets the Walking Dead in a rapid-fire zombie adventure!

4 comments:

  1. I've been curious about Wolf Hall oh and love the UF choice as well. I would love to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of Tudor books on my shelf waiting to be read...

      Delete
  2. Oh, I tried Wolf Hall. I couldn't get into it. But I think it's that it's not my kinda read. I do want Plague Town though. :) Thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plague Town was on the wishlist for a while-now it'll be on the tbr for ages!

      Delete