Sunday, 6 October 2013

Sunday Post #10



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/
~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
 


Another busy week for me. I was invited to do a week long blog diary online to show the busy life of a blogger and what we get up to in the book world. This was hosted by Feed my Reads and was a lot of fun to do. Here is the link: http://feedmyreads.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/my-book-week-in-words-with-chuckles.html

I also had a whole pile of books come to visit me for review with some tight deadlines so I had to get myself in gear a bit! Trying to fit in the fun stuff like Pinterest and browsing for new books for wishlist had to take a back seat to let me do some reading and promotion. Plus I'm now signed up as a blog host for a whole pile of things this month so it will be a busy time at the Book Cave! My first hosting event is on Monday so why not drop by? On the bright side I did get the last of my Christmas shopping done!

  I'm looking for Indie book fans who want to discover new books, bloggers and reviewers willing to do some promotion for Indie Authors and authors who want to be promoted to join my Indie book group! Don't be shy, just come along:
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/114319-my-big-fat-indie-book-gang 

FOLLOW ME:
http://www.bloglovin.com/chucklesthescot


https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/114319-my-big-fat-indie-book-gang
http://www.pinterest.com/chucklesthescot/ 

READ THIS WEEK:
 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18458455-diary-of-the-gone
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2801440-max-and-the-gatekeeper
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17737211-released

READ AND REVIEW RECEIVED:

  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15838579-the-gemstone-chronicles-book-one
 
FEATURED AUTHORS:










https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18428064-waking-up-dead

NEXT WEEK AT THE BOOK CAVE:
Cover Mania Monday
No Angel Book Blitz
Book Review:Gemstones
Featured Author
Wishlist Wednesday
Throwback Thursday
Harry Potter Moment of the Week
Friday Favourites
Valkyries Cover Reveal
Stacking the Shelves

42 comments:

  1. Released looks good, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelfall!!!! Enjoy :) Some great reads. Ive read the first 2 James Potter books and thought they were good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd always stayed away from fan fiction but now I figured I need some more Potter!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, Christmas shopping already? You are so organised. The only cyborgs I know about are the Dr Who ones but I imagine Freak of Nature will be nothing like them. I hope you have fun reading. Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love Doctor Who! And David Tennant comes from the same town in Scotland as me! My mum used to know his dad though sadly I've never met David...

      Delete
  4. I'd love to help you with Indies - but I'm so booked with the indies I have...
    I may do it for those I don't see :)

    Nice list - enjoy the week
    ~gaele @ I am, Indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Gaele! I'll be trying to keep an eye on your blog through bloglovin for ideas. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. My husband reads a lot of Harry Potter fan fiction. But I'm not one of those people who thought Harry Potter was the greatest set of books of all time. So, I tend to stay away from those. There's a lot of books I haven't heard of, but the covers are beautiful. Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny that I became such a big Harry Potter fan when I refused to read them until a friend at work started bugging me about them. Now I think I'm obsessed!

      Delete
  6. Freak of Nature looks really good- I nearly requested it myself but I have too much to read already. Angelfall is soooo good- hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to have great things to say about Angelfall which is encouraging...

      Delete
  7. Lots of great books for you this week! I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Brittany @Spare Time Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good week for books! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. You finished your Christmas shopping. Yep, it's official, I hate you..LOL I so know what you mean about juggling things and getting caught up on social sites and book searches when you need to be reading. What an awesome haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* My family are horrified as well! My mum hasn't even started a list and I keep telling her to get on with it!

      Delete
  9. i keep seeing freak of nature around the blogosphere and i'm very curious about it. maybe i'll request it too. hmmm....

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAn't reply on your blog because of DISQUS but I'm heading over to Google Plus to say hello!

      Delete
  10. I have Essenced for review, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous cover. Lets hope we both enjoy it...

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I do love a good haul...thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  12. Whoa, that is a lot of books.

    I can't believe you finished your Christmas shopping. *stares in shock* I'e barely started mine. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* I bought my first presents back in March and it's a relief to have everything wrapped up and put away!

      Delete
  13. Ugh, that IS a busy week. Great haul though. I bought Angelfall awhile ago but still haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid to actually count my tbrs plus what lurks on my Kobo...

      Delete
  14. Loving the covers for Released, In Treacherous Court and Poisoned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy Tudor Court books tho' you wouldn't think it looking at my mainly paranormal blog! I have 4 shelves of books about the Tudor period that I need to get to read!

      Delete
  15. I have Essenced in my review queue. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be reading that in the next couple of weeks so I can review it for the author.

      Delete
  16. Big haul! I have Angelfall on my TBR list. Just been hearing too many good things to pass it up haha. Hope you enjoy your books!
    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a few others by Susan Ee on the ever growing wishlist...

      Delete
  17. Awww @Harry's first Christmas. Hope he got a baby chewy wand toy, hehe. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's about 10 pages long but hey, it's Harry!

      Delete
  18. Wow you really picked up a lot of books! I have never read any HP fan fiction, but those titles are looking pretty interesting - I may need to reconsider. I'm off to check out the life of a blogger show, sounds interesting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been resisting the fan fiction for ages but decided to give it a try!

      Delete
  19. I really need to try out the James Potter stories, I have them downloaded on my computer but I've yet to sit down and read them. I've heard a ton of great things about Angelfall. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Angelfall is SUPER amazing and I really do not like angel books in general! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the biggest Angel fan either, I admit, but heard so many good things about this.

      Delete
  21. I've heard great things about Angelfall, but haven't read it yet. Great haul this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was another great week and this one is also looking pretty good!

      Delete