Friday, 18 October 2013

Friday Favourites #4



This meme is about showcasing favourites. Each week I plan to showcase a favourite book or series, past and present and tell you all why I love it and why you should try it! If you want to join in, please go to our host Natalie and leave a comment on her Friday Favourites post with a link to your post. If enough of us join in, she'll provide a linky for us all to connect. So what are you waiting for?

I loved this book so much! It was action packed with lots of interesting vampires and fights, witty dialogue from Bones, great laugh out loud humour, characters you love and care about and I just didn't want to put the book down. And when I finished reading it, I just had to get the rest of the series. My dad also loves this series and he is in his sixties. I can't wait for the next book in 2014!


Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, aiming for the father who ruined her mother. Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, captures Cat, and agrees to train her until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. But a group of killers pursue them. And Bones is as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

MY REVIEW!
 My book of the year so far!Cat is half vampire half human,a result of her mother being raped by a newly turned vampire.Now she is out seducing and staking vampires in revenge, hoping to eventually kill her dad-until the night that one is too fast and captures her.Bounty hunting vampire Bones soon realises what Cat is and that they would make a good team in hunting the evil vampires together. He decides to train her and harness her skills to kill the evil vampires. When their relationship changes Cat fears her mother's reaction and Bones fears for Cat's safety as they come up against very dangerous vampires.
 
This was just brilliant! Cat is a great fiesty, kickass, smart mouthed half vampire who has been taught to hate her vampire side by her angry mother. She is a great character. Bones is wonderful-sexy, smart, witty and the perfect match for Cat. The ups and downs of their relationship had me hooked and I normally shy away from the PNR side of vampire books, as too much love and sex bores me in novels. The fact that I loved their steamy romance shows how well written it was. There was plenty action to keep UF fans happy and lots of vampires. The side characters were also well written and were a perfect fit for the plot.

The humour was superb-Timmy's impression of a God fearing demon hunter and Bones 'dirty talk' lecture had me in stitches. Cat's mother was entertaining as well in her own way. There were a lot of laughts through the book, usually when Bones was getting annoyed with Cat for messing up!

This book is sexy, full of action and adventure, witty, funny and sad. The perfect vampire read!





2 comments:

  1. I have heard nothing but good things about these books and seriously need to read them. I have them on my shelves :) Great pick and thanks for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cat and Bones-I'd run off with him any time!

      Delete