Saturday, 29 August 2015

Stacking the Shelves #99


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
   
I still have the annoying head cold and I'm getting really hacked off that it won't just disappear! Still it could be worse, it could be one of those horrible viral things I used to get which stopped me doing anything! After hitting my 500 tbrs target last week, I stopped reading for a few days and concentrated on repairing one of my old bookcases. When I have fully tackled my bedroom and have it fit for human habitation, I'll post photos of all my books! It's quite a sight! That'll be a couple of weeks by the time I get myself motivated...
 
I also went through my books, checking that everything was on Goodreads. I found a few that weren't so I added them and the ones I bought this week and the tbr jumped back up to 514! I'm not worried about that because that will cover 2 or 3 STS postings and I'm not buying anything new right now so I'll get back below 500 in a week or two when I start reading a bit more again. So that has been my uber exciting week!
 
So the books this week! I recently read the first Dying of the Light book: End and I loved it so I just HAD to buy the next one in the series. I also loved the first part of JT Sawyer's zombie series First Wave so I bought the trilogy which is available in one handy paperback volume AND I grabbed a download of another series ny the author which sounds just as good! Picked up a couple of shorter downloads to try out two new authors and see what they are like.
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just popped over to see you! Following you now on bloglovin and google plus!

      Delete
  2. I hate colds. My nose has been stuffed all summer and my ear has been clogged for over a month, so I feel for you.

    Looks like a great haul! Hope you enjoy reading them and have a great week.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love some good zombies! Can't wait to catch up with both series! These darn colds are so annoying aren't they!

      Delete
  3. Oh many new books there but I hope you'll enjoy them. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read two of them but I'm excited about the other paperbacks. I hope they are as good as expected.

      Delete
  4. Some of those look really interesting, I'll have to check them out. As you saw, I was out of control this week, so you shouldn't feel bad for adding to your tbr if I don't. Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should feel bad but somehow I don't! I stopped reading a series at book two last night so that let me take about another ten off my tbr list so it looks much better today!

      Delete
  5. I had never heard of the J.T. Sawyer books this week.

    Grace @ Books of love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them in my Amazon recs and I can never resist trying some new zombie books!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great haul. I have One Wilde Night and The In-Betweener as well. I really need to work on reorganizing my shelves, but nit this weekend. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bookcases were starting to sag with the book weight so we're gradually getting them fixed but my dad and I both have this damn head cold which makes us want to do nothing! We'll get there eventually!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a good haul! Hope you enjoy 'em as much as you anticipate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Walking Dead! I've been wanting to check out the comics for a while now. Enjoy! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the first hardback compendium a while back and enjoyed it-I want to get them all but I had to wait until I had a big Amazon voucher to use before I could grab book 2!

      Delete
  9. JT Sawyer looks interesting - I'm always up for a good post apocalyptic tale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly enjoyed the first of the First Wave novellas so when I saw the three in one handy paperback, I wasn't going to pass that up! And I have more zombies to share next time!

      Delete
  10. Great haul! Enjoy your new books

    Check out our STS & enter to win a personalized copy of Queen of Shadows (open INT)!

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I didn't like Throne of Glass at all. I don't really enjoy fantasy!

      Delete
  11. I am so sorry to hear you still have that head cold! I hope it goes away soon. That's so impressive you reached that 500 goal. And I can't wait to see pictures of your shelves!
    Nice haul you have this week, I think I also downloaded the In Betweener recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has not been a good week at all so there will be lots to moan about on my next STS post!

      Delete
  12. I love Ann Christy's books, I was lucky enough to interview her last year, she is a wonderful lady, I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like getting the chance to try the first book in a series free before deciding on whether to buy the rest of a series!

      Delete
  13. I feel like head colds last forever! I think I am getting one. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! You have my sympathy Jennifer! I hope you can fight it off quickly!

      Delete
  14. Wow there's some beautiful covers here! I hope you enjoy them :D x

    ReplyDelete