Saturday, 15 August 2015

Stacking the Shelves #97


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                  
Ugh. I haven't been able to post a single thing this week because of a viral infection. It's nothing serious but it was enough to make me very tired, grumpy, and left me with no concentration or motivation to get anything done! Thankfully it did not affect my desire to read, so I still got a good deal done. I'm very close to finishing my 100 book countdown challenge, over four months ahead of schedule! Very happy about that and will post an update either tomorrow or Monday. So the tbr is getting close to 500 books for the first time in many years! Once I get below the magic 500 I'll feel as if I'm slowly taking control of my tbr again!

So what did I do this week? Not much really. I spent my birthday in my doctor's waiting room which was a great laugh. I treated myself to an awesome dinosaur duvet set! I wanted a Jurassic World one but they only seem to do duvets for single beds which is annoying for the mature fan! I did get this set from Amazon and it is so brilliant! My dad bought me a pile of dvds which I hope to get watching at some point-he had already got me Arrow 1 & 2, Strike Back 1-4 and Hannibal 2 but surprised me with Alcatraz 1 and Teen Wolf 1 as well. Yea! And I treated myself to a few books as well but I might save them for next week's haul!
So, this week's haul is another example of restraint! I bought the next two volumes of Rhiannon Frater's companion short stories for her As the World Dies series. I won't be able to read them until I read books 2 and 3 in the actual trilogy but it's something to look forward to. If you love zombie books, you have to read this author! I picked up the Making of Jurassic Park 2 cheap on Amazon which was nice for my dinosaur addiction! I have the other 6 Slow Burn books so I just HAD to grab book 7 as well. So far, I've only read the first book but I really enjoyed it and plan to get on with this series soon.

DOWNLOADS:



BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:

  

Jurassic Quilt!



23 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better, Chuckles! What a way to spend your birthday :(

    Your new books are new to me as well, as are the TV shows you got from your dad. I watch less and less TV these days, so I tend to stay with the shows I already know and love :)

    Have a great weekend, a fantastic week ahead and happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah finding time to watch all these TV series is impossible! It doesn't help when I'm trying to juggle all that and my books! Arrgghh! As for the infection, I'm wallowing in self pity at the moment...Lets hope I'm not turning zombie...!

      Delete
  2. I reaaaally need to read Rhiannon Frater's work! My sister loves it. Hope you enjoy your haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I certainly recommend her zombie work...really keen now to catch up with the rest of the series!

      Delete
  3. Omg, your dinosaur quilt is FANTASTIC and that is sadness that you spent your birthday at the doctors. :( I hope you're feeling better?! Congrats for tackling that TBR! Mine (well, my physical one) is sitting comfortably at 10 books. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the quilt! It makes me feel all Jurassic or something! TEN books??? OMG I think I'm going to cry with despair! *lip quivers*

      Delete
  4. Nice little haul! I showed extreme restraint this week, myself. I love the dinosaur bedding! I hope you feel better soon!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to wrap myself up in the quilt and go to sleep! But too much needing done on the computer so I'll have to sulk and complain for a few more hours!

      Delete
  5. THe Jurassic quilt is quite fun. happy reading! I haven't read any I confess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get the bed changed this week to get the new cover on the bed!

      Delete
  6. I love the Jurrassic World Quilt. Very nice. Also love the fact that you got some interesting books, I have no restraint.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, restraint is over-rated anyway! *grins*

      Delete
  7. I need to see the new Jurrassic movie. Cool quilt and I hope you enjoy the making of book! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jurassic World was ten shades of utter awesome! I can't wait to buy it!

      Delete
  8. Awesome quilt and hope you are feeling better. I haven't read a whole lot because we have been redoing our bedroom. It hasn't stopped me from buying though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back on to reading zombie books and have uncovered a few good ones! I'm just glad I've been able to get some reading in with this annoying bug. Hope you get a bit more reading time this week.

      Delete
  9. I hope you're feeling better! And wow that's awesome you got those 100 books for your challenge read four months ahead of schedule, you're doing great!

    Happy birthday! That dino duvet set sounds like a great present for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd struggle to get it done by December so I can't quite believe I'm just about there! Now I need to decide on a new target or something...hopefully I can get lots more reading done this winter!

      Delete
  10. Oh no. I do hope you start to feel better. It's terrible to be down and out. I've been tied up with kiddo and all his sports, so haven't been around.

    Hope you get to relax and feel better, and maybe read a few pages. ;) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my dad is getting tired of my moaning and complaining now! At least I'm still getting the reading done!

      Delete
  11. The quilt is pretty cool. The Jurassic Park book looks pretty interesting; I may have to get a copy of it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a mad dinosaur fanatic! I've watched the first three Jurassic Park films countless times and I can't wait to buy the new one!

      Delete
  12. That Jurassic Quilt is awesome! Untold Tales is really good.

    ReplyDelete