Saturday, 8 August 2015

Stacking the Shelves #96


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                 
This has been another productive week for me. I've got some reading done, checked out a few new TV series that I found on some old VHS tapes ie Legend of the Seeker, Prisoners of War, Camelot and Hunted, and got another bit of the house tidied. I've even been able to watch a few favourite films just for fun! (Resident Evil and Jurassic Park 1-3!) I bought a few things this week which has not helped my TBR but you can't resist these darn shiny new books can you! I was excited by the arrival of a pre-ordered book, the latest in the Alex Verus series. Yes! Now I just need to catch up with the series...
 
My birthday is coming up and my dad gave me the package today! Having NO restraint it has already been opened and he has bought me Arrow season 1 & 2, Hannibal season 2, Strike Back seasons 1-4! Yea! Very happy with that haul...I've watched season 1 of Hannibal so I was happy to get season 2 but the other series I haven't seen so I'm excited to get stuck into them!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Early happy birthday, Chuckles! Both your new shows and your new books are unknown to me, but I hope you'll enjoy them all :)
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've read Hopcross Jilly and As the world dies and I very much enjoyed both!

      Delete
  2. Legend of the Seeker was so bad, so cheesy, that it was almost guilty pleasure good. LOL

    I nabbed Dinosaur Lake a while back myself but have yet to give it a read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the first two eps of Legend of the Seeker-it was a bit cheesy but entertaining enough in a merlin/Robin Hood kinda way!

      Delete
  3. I love Arrow!!! Jim Butcher is pretty good too. I enjoyed the show they had on for one season based of Jim Butcher's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that one series of The Dresden Files taped on a couple of old VHS tapes! I found a great big pile of boxes as we started going through cupboards and the loft and there are so many old TV series on them! I'm drowning in TV and book stuff!!!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday. I actually found myself liking Legend of the Seeker, but the books are so much better than the TV Series. I have read the first book in that series. Loved it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't generally read fantasy books but I do watch fantasy TV series. I'm a bit weird that way! One of my friends has all the books so I might borrow the first one once I've watched the rest of the series. I liked the first two episodes anyway...

      Delete
  5. Nice haul and GREAT birthday present! Sounds like you'll be busy for a while with all those shows! Enjoy the new books and dvds and have a happy birthday!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many box sets waiting to be looked at...I haven't watched any of the stuff I got for my birthday last year or the ones I picked up on Black Friday! With my book pile nearly down to the 500 barrier, I feel a tiny bit better about watching some TV!

      Delete
  6. Hope you have a great birthday. Wonderful haul and hope you enjoy all your series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you ever get that mood where you want to watch everything NOW? I feel a bit like that with all the series I need to catch up with...and the same with all my books! I want to read them all NOW!!!

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday for whenever the right day is! Mine's the 20th, heh. Also, I'm predictable -- saw the word dinosaur and my curiosity was piqued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. August 11th! And I am sooo typical of a Leo! Dinosaur Lake was free on Amazon a few days ago so it might still be available to grab! Ooh I love dinosaurs! I can't wait to buy Jurassic World!

      Delete
  8. Yay for productive weeks! I also got my house tidied and cleaned a bit, I always like how things look afterwards. Happy birthday in advance! Sounds like you got a nice present from your dad! I hope you have a great week and enjoy your new books and movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our family hoarded too much stuff and put off too many things that needed doing...and now it looks like a lot of work to get everything done! I hope to finish my own room in the next few weeks by getting new bookcases in place-or repairing the old bookcases if that is possible. Then it is painting the living room...ugh!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I very much enjoyed the three stories in volume one. I have the next two volumes but don't want to read them until I've read the full trilogy!

      Delete