Monday, 24 August 2015

TBR 100 Book Countdown Challenge (504-500!!!)


My tbr managed to sneak up over 600 books again and action was taken!!! So I am setting myself a tough challenge-to get that tbr from 612 as it stands today, down to 500 books by December 31st. Yes it is an impossible sounding task but not everything on the tbr is full length reading-there are short stories, novellas and novels to be devoured! Even if I don't get to the target, I'll be pleased if I get close. It would be the first time in 5 years that my tbr was 500 or less! My updates on my progress won't be weekly, just whenever I have something to report! Anyone who wants to try and reduce their tbr is welcome to post on my update posts about their progress!

FYI: A few people have asked why the number of books I've reduced the pile by in the post title does not match the number of books I mention in the actual blog post. Simple really, I'm still adding new books to the tbr each week, and a few are rereads.


YAAAASSSSS! I hit my 500 target this week and I'm a happy bunny! Yeah I know, it sounds weird to be celebrating the fact that you still have 500 unread books in your house and on your ereaders but I'm so happy I could sing! In September 2014 my tbr was getting very close to 1000 so I've pretty much halved that in a year which I'm very pleased about! So what next? Hmmm, I was thinking about trying to reach 450 by the end of the year but I'm not setting that in stone. I'll just continue with the countdown each week or two to stay motivated to reducing the numbers.

How are you guys getting on with reading challenges?

FINISHED:

Keith C Blackmore-Safari
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13648624-safari 

Jody Duncan-Making of The Lost World, Jurassic Park 2
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1251666.The_Making_of_The_Lost_World 

Steve Bell-Seven Summits
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/112011.Seven_Summits 

Reed Timmer-Into the Storm
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9563548-into-the-storm 

Jennifer Chiaverini-The Quilter's Kitchen
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2881228-the-quilter-s-kitchen 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! Great work. That's a wonderful accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now just 500 books to deal with...! *sigh* Actually I feel happy. That's the lowest tbr total I've had in about 8 years I think! Thanks for your messages of support Barb!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! This is huge! Well done :D part of me can't believe you've done it, but I know how much effort you've put in. 450 by the end of the year is still a huge goal, don't you think it might get a bit stressful? If you do 475 at least you can relax a bit and not rush things :)
    Be proud!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing about these challenges is that it forces you to look hard at your tbr and decide what you REALLY want to read. I think I have about 100 stand alone or part of series I haven't started and the rest are series I've tried and liked. I plaqn to tackle the 100 next and leave the good series for my winter reading! I'm following your advice and going for 475 first, as I'm confident of reaching that. Like you said, when reading becomes stressful it stops being fun! Thank you so much for your kind words which help keep me motivated...you've been a great support!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome :) it's just pretty inspirational how far you've come in your challenge :D it's fantastic! X

      Delete
  3. Yay! Way to go, Chuckles! You can totally make it to 450 or less. I believe in you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! Every book I look at now is a happy bonus!

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a great achievement. I just keep buying more books and so my list seems to grow and grow! I'mnot doing too badly on my 2015 reading challenges. I am excelling on my Debut Authors Challenge, already completed that one. And my Real Books challenge is doing pretty good too, I'm pretty sure I will have achieved that. But my Goodreads Reading Challenge is not going good. I am 20 books behind. Going to have to put some work in and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard not to buy all these great sounding new books isn't it! You sound like you are getting on really well with your themed challenges which is great! The one thing I hate about that Goodreads challenge is the way it gets on your back if you are behind schedule! That's why I stopped doing them until this year. Good luck and happy reading!

      Delete