Saturday, 22 August 2015

Stacking the Shelves #98


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
 
I still have this stupid head cold that I can't get rid of and it's so annoying! I'm tired and fed up but this week I managed to put some effort into writing and uploading reviews to the blog, some of which are books I read in 2011 which is unbelievable! Still, I'm gradually going to catch up with them this summer and autumn I hope! 
 
I didn't get as much reading done as I hoped this week-a mixture of being tired and watching reruns of Masterchef! Funny how I'm not a cook of any kind yet I'm addicted to watching all the different versions of Masterchef! I've only got a few books to add to the haul this week but I am excited by them! Judith Post's book is the third in the Wolf's Bane series and I loved the first two, so I'm excited to read the third one. It's just a pity that they aren't available on p[aperback so I can keep rereading them! I received my copy of the last in Carrie Vaughn's Kitty series, another one that I need to do some series catch up on! I also grabbed the next books in the Deacon Chalk series (books 2 & 3) after loving the short story 'That thing at the zoo' which is free online if you want to try it. So I'm happy with this week's haul again!
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 

BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:



TRADE:



     

27 comments:

  1. I hope you get well soon :( I hate it when I'm ill, it's so... bleh! You know? I like some of the things they come up with on Master Chef :D It's pretty cool.
    Get well soon,
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm addicted to Masterchef! I watch the versions from the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and I'm about to watch for the first time the versions from Ireland, USA and South Africa!

      Delete
  2. Aw, hope you're feeling better soon! Head colds are rotten. I hope you enjoy your new books! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's annoying! I'm not sick enough to be in bed or anything close to that but it's draining my motivation! Grrr...

      Delete
  3. I love the Kitty books! Great haul! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to get caught up with all these series this winter...I hate being so far behind!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm. The Blood books look like they might be interesting. I might have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly liked the short story that introduced the characters...I have high hopes for the actual novels so I hope they live up to my expectations! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Feel better soon! I'm coming down with one myself, my throat is super itchy. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I HATE that scratchy throat! That usually means misery to come. Ugh! I've avoided that so far, fingers crossed!

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! I'm WAY behind in the Kitty series. I love to watch Masterchef and all those cooking shows, but I definitely DO NOT cook, myself. Enjoy your new books and feel better!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like watching the cooks get stressed and make a mess of things coz I'm a sick puppy...! I wish I could cook some of the great things they produce as well. *jealousy*

      Delete
  7. I've only ried the first Carrie book but I should try more one day. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read the first in the series as well...need to catch up on that!

      Delete
  8. I'll be curious to see your thoughts on Three. I thought it was great, but didn't care for the 2nd book quite so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in two minds about this book for a while but I sent a book to a friend in England and she offered this as a trade so I figured it was a good chance to try it.

      Delete
  9. Yuck, hope you feel better soon. Whoa ... you read the books in 2011 and just now wrote the review? I'm trying to think of a book I read that year and see if I could recall enough to write a review ... yeah, okay, I guess it's not that bad. lol. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, I have a journal where I note down my thoughts on plot, characters etc as I read the books! I must admit that some of my notes are so bland that it doesn't help me remember anything though!

      Delete
  10. I need to get round to reading the Kitty Norville series! Mind you, I'm currently reading Patricia Briggs and Ilona Andrews already... bit too many werecreatures, I might start getting them mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first book and picked up the next few...and now I have the whole set but STILL haven't read book two! Erk! I need to reread the first book before I start my catch up though as it was so long ago I don't remember much!

      Delete
  11. Head colds are the worst! I hope you'll get rid of yours ASAP, Chuckles.

    Your new books look good, especially the Magick ones. I think I might enjoy them, too.

    Have a fantastic week ahead and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's book three in the series so try and grab Wolf's Bane. It pops up free on Amazon sometimes. I love the series-great plots and characters!

      Delete
  12. I am sorry to hear you have been struggling with that head cold, I hope you'll feel better soon! I never have watched many cooking shows even though I love to cook.
    I have started the Kitty series and it's another one of those series I really need to catch up on. I think I have read one of Judith Post her books, Wolf's Bane if I remember correctly and got another one still for review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered Judith when I got talking to her on a book group and she offered me a free copy of Wolf's Bane to review-and I loved it! The sequel was just as good so I'm excited to get on to book three soon!

      Delete
  13. Head cold suck. At least you bought some great books. Three looks interesting. I am hoping to get some urban fantasy read this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate head colds...they are enough of an annoyance to interfere with what you want to do! This one has been here over 2 weeks and doesn't want to go anywhere! This week I'm trying to deal with non fiction so I can pass some books on to my uncle to read.

      Delete
  14. I hate when headcolds last forever! Hope it gets better soon. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete