Saturday, 1 August 2015

Stacking the Shelves #95


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords. 

Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress so you might get a double message sometimes! Blame them, not me!
                
This was a very productive week for me! I got a bit of reading done, I watched a few films (which I have still to review), managed to get some book reviews posted on my blog along with a few regular posts and I got a few things done around the house. I feel as if I got the balance right this week, which is good. I also *ahem* ordered a few books from Amazon which have not yet arrived so that will be in next week's haul. 
 
A small haul this week then-two books from the charity shop, and a book sent to me to review by the lovely Ken Mooney. I loved his debut novel Godhead, which is urban and dark fantasy with Greek mythology and a bit of X Men superheroes! It's a great book so why not give it a try? I'm doing a re-read of Godhead and then following it up with two short stories recently released before going to read the new release The Hades Contract. So looking forward to it!
 
I was also nominated for a blog award this week by the lovely Amy from A Novel Start and I decided to take part in it for a change. I liked answering the questions but I regret that this will be the only award I can accept at The Book Cave because I struggled to find ten blogs to nominate and I hope those I contacted weren't annoyed at me choosing them! I'm not very good at this kind of thing...! 
 
REVIEW BOOKS:
 
 
 
DOWNLOADS:
 
 
 
BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

30 comments:

  1. Nice haul this week, Chuckles, it seems like it's something you can keep more or less under control.
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can stick to 5 books or under each week, I'll be happy enough! I'm doing ok with getting books read each week so things feel under control for the moment!

      Delete
  2. Those all look really good. I'll have to look into them.

    I love all your virtual pets BTW. Have a great weekend!

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see my pets! All I can see is that warning message about the plug ins needing updated! Grrr, I miss my guys!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I might check out Ken Mooney. I love superhero stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Godhead! It was emotional and character driven...I'm finishing my re-read today so I can get on to the short stories and book 2 tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Nice haul, and Congrats on your blog nomination this week. I hope all works out well for you. Happy Reading!!! Oh and thanks for checking out my page earlier.

    My STS
    Carolyn @GeekOTP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! It's been a pretty good week for me and hopefully I'll get lots of reading done this week!

      Delete
  5. I've wondered if Night School was any good. Be sure to let us know! Have fun reading all the books you got this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've stayed away from YA paranormal for a while but I saw it in a charity shop and decided to take the plunge. Please, no love triangles!!!

      Delete
  6. I hadn't heard of the Ken Mooney books before, but I checked them out and they sounds really good. Thanks for putting them on my radar! I hope you enjoy your new books! Have a great weekend!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken was one of the first Indie authors I did a read and review for. He's a lovely guy and he'll be happy if a few more people discover his books!

      Delete
  7. Night School looks real good! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it turns out to be a decent read! YA paranormal has been a bit too cliched recently!

      Delete
  8. Outstanding Haul with great book. hope you enjoy the great reads they will provide. thank you so very much for the stop by earlier.

    My STS
    Jason@geekboyotp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason! I'm hoping for great things in this haul for sure!

      Delete
  9. Great haul. I am going to have to check out The Grateful Undead - it caught my eye. Hope you have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I'll get on with it as monster humour is more miss than hit for me but it was free, so why not give it a go...

      Delete
  10. Oh sounds like it was great week for you and you found the right balance. It's great when weeks go like that.

    I appreciate the awards, but always have trouble finding time to post them and indeed nominating ten other blogs is also hard. I might have to close my blog to awards eventually. I hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could do these awards without picking ten blogs to nominate I'd have accepted more of them by now! It's nice to get the nomination and know someone enjoyed something on your blog!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the award.

    I had an accident with Amazon too, it is far too easy to go on there, damn them!!

    Have a good week.

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on there today to check the status of my orders and managed to buy three books...*sigh*

      Delete
  12. Yay for productivity! :D Glad you had a good week, and your books look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week is shaping up to be pretty good too with lots of books awaiting my attention!

      Delete
  13. Hi Chuckles!
    Yeah I felt exactly the same about the award. I was worried it'd be viewed more as spam-mail, you know? I struggled to find ten as well, should be less really... maybe 5, don't you think?
    Anyway... you BOUGHT books?!! I'll let you off for good behaviour lol. We need a treat every now and then :P
    Have a great week!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that five is more realistic! One person so far has accepted the nomination, which is something positive! I felt like such a troll sending those nominations out...!!!

      The problem with me treating myself is that it happens WAY too often!

      Delete
  14. The Fall of Bacchus looks like a good one. Woohoo, God of Wine. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* I think I met the God of Beer at college a few times!

      Delete
  15. Remember, there's no blog police to come get you if you can't find 10 people for the tag. LOL
    I received this one also, Andy Amy is so sweet, always visiting and commenting, so I decided to do it. But everyone I felt comfortable tagging either had already done it or had a message that they don't accept awards, so I didn't tag anyone and left it up to readers to follow up if they choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I wish I'd thought of an open tag! I might do that in the future if I get any more nominations for blog awards...it lets me take part without having to worry about tagging people. Good thinking Elizabeth!

      Delete