Saturday, 24 January 2015

Stacking the Shelves #68


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

January has been a great month for reading for me, finishing 20 books so far. A few of them were short stories but I'm still pleased to be making a dent in my tbr. Progress on that will be in my next blog post later today! It's great to start the year enjoying my reading and catching up with series that I was way behind in. The plan is to just read what I feel like at the time to keep my good streak going until the next reading slump hits me! I hope it is WAY in the distance...

My books this week are a bit of a mixture and a few are from over a week ago and didn't get put on my last STS. I only actually got the zombie and Monster Haven ones this week. I've been good and not spent much at all since Christmas while I try to get more reading done. I'm feeling a bit smug about how good I've been...Anyway the two Monster Haven short stories are numbers 2.5 and 3.5 in the series. I read them both as soon as I got them and I really loved 'What Zoey doesn't know' because it is written in the POV of Maurice the Closet Monster. I love that guy so much! New Order and Low Midnight are additions to series I am following.

DOWNLOADS:
 


BOUGHT PAPERBACKS:





30 comments:

  1. I tried the first Vaughn book but never the others, I should. I didn't know the other books though I confess. I hope you'll enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read the first one so far and that was years ago so I plan to read the whole lot back to back at some point in the next month or two. Looking forward to it now...

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the 20 books read already this year. That's awesome! And I'm just loving the cover of New Order. It's definitely eye-catching!

    My STS!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying my reading at the moment and I'd kind of lost that over the last 18 months. It was feeling more like a chore but now it is fun again!

      Delete
  3. 20 books is brilliant. Well done! I hope that you enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping that they are all good!

      Delete
  5. I cannot believe Gordon Ramsay's title to his book is Humble Pie. From watching Hell's Kitchen, humble is not a word I would use to describe. XD Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought that was pretty funny! It wouldn't have been my pick for a title, that's for sure!

      Delete
  6. Nice haul, Chuckles! What Zoe Didn't Know looks really good, as does the Humble Pie by Gordon Ramsay :)
    I hope you'll enjoy all your new books!
    Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE the Monster Haven books! Every girl should have a Maurice to take care of her!

      Delete
  7. The Cover of New Order is definitely catching my eye. 20 books read already is a great accomplishment. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Dire Straits and I really liked the characters so I just had to buy the next book in the series. Hope it turns out to be good!

      Delete
  8. I need to read more Carrie Vaughn -- I've only read one of her books, but it was fun! Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to catch up with Kitty...I liked the first book and hope to get to the rest soon for some shifter fun!

      Delete
  9. These are lots of books! Hope you enjoy them all :)
    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must remember not to have a huge STS every week though!

      Delete
  10. Oh New Order looks really interesting, I really like that cover! I hope you enjoy all of your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book in the series, Dire Straits took me a bit by surprise as I got right into it because of the characters and it was nice to find a good British urban fantasy!

      Delete
  11. The zombie short story looks like it might be interesting! I hope it is and that you enjoy it along with these others. Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never seem to resist a free zombie story!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I used to love watching his UK Kitchen Nightmares-haven't seen the US version or Hell's Kitchen but I have copies ready to watch!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I was a huge fan of his UK TV work-I haven't had time to catch up with his US adventures yet but hope to soon!

      Delete
  14. The cover to New Order looks really good! I have to say, I can't imagine how Gordon Ramsey's books will be. He's so "enthusiastic" on his shows. Enjoy your haul and your zombies ;) Here's ours: BiblioJunkies Happy Reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zombies, vampires and Gordon Ramsay look like a good combination to me!

      Delete
  15. The cover of New Order looks really good! Great haul this week!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete