Saturday, 10 January 2015

Stacking the Shelves #66


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews
Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! Click on the link under the book to find its page on Goodreads or Smashwords.
                  
Please note that I always leave a message on your STS/SP if you visit me, but if you use DISQUS or a similar third party I will not be able to leave a comment on your page. And sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress. 

I've ordered a few books but most of them haven't arrived yet so they might make it to next week's STS. I managed to get a second hand copy of a biography about Marco Pierre White which had a gorgeous pic on the cover. Ooh I love Marco! Just watching him on TV sends me into a melted puddle of goo! I'm also ploughing through the Masterchef Kitchen Bible which is a great book for people like me who are very much beginners in the kitchen. I got a good bargain on Amazon with this book thanks to a gift voucher. I downloaded the Gordon Ramsay book out of curiosity but it seems to cover everything in his other biographies. Still it was free so I'll give it a try anyway.


 

20 comments:

  1. I have a new-found love for cook-books, and the Master Chef one looks like one I'd like to try out.
    It's weird when there are several biographies for the same person, and they all kind of say the same thing about them.
    Have a great weekend, and happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gordon Ramsay ones are confusing! They all seem to be written by him but this one seems to cover all the parts of his life. The other two books I've ordered cover the same period but have been split into covering his early life in one, and the second covers his tv career. Maybe this one is a condensed version of those books! Confusing!

      Delete
  2. Ooh well done for the smaller haul this week! Thanks as ever, for stopping by my blog too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The small hauls must continue unless I get one of those time turners from the Ministry of Magic to let me re-do my days to fit more reading in!!!

      Delete
  3. Ooohh some yummy cook books! I get so bored cooking the same things that I really should venture out and try some new recipes! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can barely cook at all, hence buying the Masterchef Bible to learn a few basics! I'm sick of unhealthy microwave rubbish!

      Delete
  4. Nice haul. I know what you mean when you can't leave comments on blogs. You got some interesting books. Hope you enjoy them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a couple more Gordon Ramsay biographies but they arrived too late for this STS. So I guess I'll save them for next week!

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty much useless in the kitchen, although I do rule the BBQ. :)

    Here's how I'm Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can follow instructions on meat and sauces to do casseroles and that's about it!

      Delete
  6. Awesome haul!
    Check out my STS and maybe hit the follow button? http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com/2015/01/new-year-new-commitment-sts.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be following you through bloglovin!

      Delete
  7. My dad's kitchen bible is Delia Smith. When I was little I was actually shocked that not everyone had one! Ha. I am... terrible in the kitchen. Lucky for me, my dad, my grandma and my partner feed me (depending on where I'm staying!), or it'd be omelette every day... And yet cooking programs still mesmerise me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum was the cook of the house and never let me near the kitchen! But now it's just the two of us I'm trying to look after my dad with some decent meals so it's time to make more of an effort. It could take a while!

      Delete
    2. I know that situation! My dad always cooked for us. And he's really, really good, too. Which takes away any incentive to learn...

      Delete
    3. Tell me about it! That and me being a lazy git...

      Delete
  8. I sense a theme this week! Enjoy your new additions!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My obsession with Masterchef Australia is to blame...

      Delete
  9. Oh do hope you have a very nice week. :) Nice addition to shelves this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next week's STS is looking pretty good too...

      Delete