Thursday, 15 January 2015

Book Review: Rogue by Rachel Vincent (Shifters #2)


Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet.

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty.

But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear...


My Review:
I decided to give book two a try mainly because I had already bought it and hoped that Faythe has grown up a bit from her experiences in the first book.

Sadly, if anything I found this book to be worse. The investigation into the dead toms seems to take second place to Faythe's annoying attitude and behaviour. Yet again, her complaining and breaking Pack rules comes first and everybody else and their wishes and feelings don't count. Marc is lovely and totally adores her and she treats him like something foul that she stood in. He's fine to sleep with when she feels like it, she claims she loves him but she can't even reassure him that she sees any kind of future for them as she doesn't want to get tied down to him. What a selfish, annoying bitch she is. You can also bet that if Marc were to start treating her like that or find a new girl to love, she would be yowling about how unfair he was.

Add to that the fact that she is part of a pack yet refuses to follow any pack rules which nearly cost her life in book one. She constantly puts herself in danger with her reckless disobeying of orders which then puts the rest of the pack at risk as they try to save her yet again. And THIS is what is being groomed to rule the pack??? Oh please, the pack is doomed! How can she be in charge of the safety of the pack when she has no clue how to keep herself safe even with written instructions and diagrams?!!! She is the most spoiled, whiny immature female lead character that I have seen in a long time and I cannot stand her. You cannot expect her to lead them into anything but death and disaster.

*SPOILER ALERT*
Faythe's human ex-boyfriend had to be the world's worst and most uninspiring Mr Evil. And of course dumb Faythe has to keep his turning secret, putting everyone in danger AGAIN! Rules are there for safety and she endangers everything by failing to mention this somewhat important thing because she is afraid of getting herself into trouble. Again with her, it is 'Me Me Me'.

The irony is that the books had real potential. I liked the plot ideas and some of the pack members and the relationships between the pack members could have had many interesting angles but it was all spoiled by moronic dumb Faythe. Such a pity when this happens!
star rating photo: Two Star Rating 2stars.png

No comments:

Post a Comment