Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Reading with Chuckles #19



Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I am now on to my winter readathon. This means I'm turning my attention to series that I've started and liked but never got round to finishing. So I hope to get through a LOT of books and catch up with a few favourites! 

I switched my attention to two series that I started a while back-the Jaz Parks books by Jennifer Rardin and the Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey. Bleeding Hearts was good as there is more of Lucy in it but even that didn't make Blood Moon as good. It was the most disappointing of the series so far-too long and too much angst. One more bite was much better than the last two Jaz Parks books so I have high hopes for the final three books. I managed to fit in a short story as well which was a bit dull. I didn't get as much reading done over the festive period as I hoped but I'm back on track now.



2 comments:

  1. I hope your read-a-thon went well, and is going well. :) Happy new year, dear.

    I need to pick up Jennifer Rardin's books one day. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reading start to the year has been good and I've finished The Drake Chronicles series. I have 3 books to finish the Jaz Parks series so I hope to get that done next.

      Hope you have a year of good health and lots of books!

      Delete