Monday, 26 January 2015

Reading with Chuckles #22



Welcome to Reading with Chuckles! This is where I fill you in on what I'm reading each week-what it is, where I got it or heard about it, what I think of it, if I'm continuing with it or abandoning it and any special offers I'm aware of where you can try the book yourself. Comments are welcome but no spoilers please! It's not fair to other readers!

I am now on to my winter readathon. This means I'm turning my attention to series that I've started and liked but never got round to finishing. So I hope to get through a LOT of books and catch up with a few favourites! 

This week I finished reading the Patricia Briggs 'Mercy Thompson series(at least so far), read the rest of what I had in the Monster Haven series and remembered to mention a few abandoned books from previous weeks!





These are recently abandoned books that I forgot to mention in previous posts:



4 comments:

  1. I need to get to Patricia Briggs's books. Interesting to see the books you abandoned. I have wanted to try The Spirit Thief series and I just missed meeting the author for Phoenix Island at a local literary function. But it looked good.

    I've been struggling with my time management and getting to a little bit of everything bookish. Hope you have a great week this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for me Phoenix Island felt like reading a book about Army Boot Camp except with young psychos and it just never appealed to me once I got reading it. The Spirit Thief is not a badly written book so I think you might enjoy it. Fantasy is just not my favourite genre. I keep trying books from it to see if I can find some I like but it might be time to give up now!

      Delete
  2. I reaaaally need to get on with reading Patricia Briggs' work. So many books, so little time, etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! I look at all these series still to read: Morganville Vampires, Kitty Norville, Iron Druid, Alex Verus, Elemental Assassin, Sabina Kane, Black Wings, Black Sun's daughter, Bloodhound Files, Dreg City and Remy Chandler-that's about 88 books just in these series with a few expected in 2015 and 2016 to add to it! EEK!

      Delete