Sunday, 4 August 2013

Chuckles Sunday Post #1


The Sunday Post
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @
Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week,
showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming
up for the week on our blog.
 

This week has been a step into the unknown as I ventured into the unknown world of Twitter! From someone who declared never to get involved in social networking, I'm now enjoying the chance to do more to promote books and authors directly to lots of people. So follow me on Twitter if you can.

WHAT I'VE READ: 

Two debut novels from exciting new talents. The UK's AZ Green and her dark fantasy shifter novel Beathood is totally different from anything you tried before. And Australia's Isabella Modra with the paranormal tale of a teenage girl who can produce fire and risks the life of everyone she loves when she struggles to control it and keep her talents secret.


WHAT I'VE DOWNLOADED THIS WEEK:

  A few books by author Suzy Turner that have caught my eye on Goodreads led to a raid over at Smashwords.com, to add to the ever growing pile that I have. This will be an author that will be featured on the blog in the near future so look out for that and for details about my reviews of the books.



NEXT FOR REVIEW THIS WEEK:


Children of the Plague is next up and I'll be starting that tomorrow. I got a copy of this from the author through the Paranormal and Horror Lovers Group on Goodreads. It sounds like a good dystopian novel featuring aliens for a change which is what attracted me to it along with the beautiful cover!





Inquest and Wicked Hunger by DelSheree Gladden also caught my eye with the beautiful artwork and hopefully I'll get to read them both this week, time allowing. 






UPCOMING FEATURES THIS WEEK!

A feature on author Judith Post!
A few exciting new releases!
Review of Once bitten twice shy by Jennifer Rardin
A feature on author Sharon Sant!

4 comments:

  1. I love the artwork on your blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I was distracted by the amazing images on your side bar! Wow, they are amazing! I love them.

    Okay, back to the post. lol. Some amazing sounding books here. A few new ones to me as well. Hope you have a great week!
    I too, have a Sunday Post up. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/08/sunday-post-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guy, I'll be checking out your blogs this week!

    ReplyDelete