Sunday, 30 September 2018

Chuckles Chat Upcoming Posts

Welcome to Chuckles Chat where great blogging minds unite to discuss the topics of the day mainly in the book and blogging world. I'll be sharing my thoughts on a topic and then inviting you all to share your thoughts. It's ok to disagree but PLEASE be respectful of each other's views! All of the comments on my blog are moderated and offensive posts ie racist, bigoted will not be published! 

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.   

Earlier this year I did a series of Chuckles Chat posts about the scenarios we love and hate in our favourite genres. It was fun to think about what settings and plots we liked or didn't like. Now I'm going to do a follow up series over the winter and spring, choosing a different genre and sharing examples of the best books I've read in the genre. But more importantly, I'd love it if you guys could tell me and everyone else in the comments section which books you loved in the genre so we can share our thoughts and add more to our TBRs! And if you don't have any books read to share on a subject, tell us if you are excited about some on your TBR or wishlist!

To get us started I'm going to list the categories that are coming in the series. Genres will be split into sub-sections so there is time and space to talk about all the books, so keep your recs specific to the actual topic for the week please! Under each category I'll have a post for the best audio books for the entire genre so we can discover the best narrators in the genre.

Have I missed something that interests you? Let me know in the comments and I'll see if I can add it in! We're starting with horror this month as it is October and the first post will be up shortly.

***DON'T POST RECS ON THIS POST PLEASE! SAVE THEM FOR WHEN I DO EACH GENRE AND TOPIC POST*** 

OCT
Horror-Classic, Gothic & Historical
Horror-Creature Feature
Horror-Animals Gone Bad
Horror-Ghosts & Hauntings
Horror-Slashers & Psychos
Horror-Contemporary & Modern 
Horror-Humour
Horror-YA Horror
Horror-Best Audio books

NOV
Fantasy-Epic & High
Fantasy-Fairy Tales & Retellings
Fantasy-Medieval & Historical Fantasy 
Fantasy-Low & Portal Fantasy
Fantasy-Humour
Fantasy-YA Fantasy 
Best Audio Books 

Steampunk

DEC
Thriller-Road Trip & Expedition
Thriller-Stalkers & Games
Thriller-Missing 
Thriller-Trapped
YA Thriller 

Adventure
YA Adventure

Best Audio Books

JAN
Apocalypse-EMP, Solar Flare and Power Loss  
Apocalypse-Natural Disasters
Apocalypse-Pandemics
Apocalypse-Zombies 
Best Audio Books 

Dystopian
YA Dystopian

Animals

FEB
Historical Fiction-The Classics
Historical Fiction-Plantagenet
Historical Fiction-Tudor
Historical Fiction-Romance, Family Saga & Regency
Historical Fiction-Wars and Plagues
Historical Fiction-Victorian
Alternative History
Best Audio Books

MAR

Non Fiction Biography and Autobiography
Non Fiction Books based/connected to TV Shows/Films 
Non Fiction-Historical
Non Fiction-True Crime
Best Audio Books 

Crime-Police Procedure
Crime-Serial Killer 
Crime-Other
Best Audio Books

APR
Children's Fiction-Picture Books
Children's Fiction-Crime & Adventure
Children's Fiction-Fantasy
Children's Fiction-Boarding Schools & Coming of Age

Illustrated-Manga & Anime
Illustrated-Graphic Novels
Illustrated-Cartoon & Comics

MAY 
Urban Fantasy-Male MC
Urban Fantasy-Female MC
Urban Fantasy-Teams & Sidekicks
Urban Fantasy-Male Authors
Urban Fantasy-Female Authors
Urban Fantasy-Humour
YA Urban Fantasy
Paranormal Romance 
Best Audio Books

JUN 
SF-Space
SF-Other Planets
SF-Earth 
YA SF
Best Audio Books
Contemporary-Romance
Contemporary-Medical
Contemporary-Social 
Best Audio Books 


 

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you’re organized. I barely know what I’m doing with my blog in October. Here are a few of my favorites:

    Classic & historical horror: Anything by Poe, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Butcher’s Hook.
    Animals gone bad: Cujo!
    YA horror: The Last Harvest was pretty good.

    Historical fantasy: The Green Mile and The Shades of Magic series.

    Stalker and games thriller: The Long Walk and The Hunger Games.

    Apocalypse books: The Stand, Warm Bodies.

    Biography: Most Dangerous.

    Space Sci-Fi: The Ghosts of Heaven, The Illuminae Files, The Book of Strange New Things.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please save recs for when I post each subject! I'll be posting each topic in a seperate post over the coming months so we're all posting recs for the same topic at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Looks like you covered everything! And I can't wait to see what you share. I always find new authors and great reads here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be fun to see what everyone posts for each topic! I'll be doing two chat posts a week to get through all the topics!

      Delete
  3. Animals gone bad is always fun (I always think of The Birds), and EMP's and pandemics are always scary scenarios! I think I'd like to read more road trip thrillers too- something about being away from home and stalked. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next six months should be great/bad for the tbr, depending on your point of view! I look forward to everyone sharing their favourite books on each post that goes up!

      Delete
  4. This is a great way to find new authors/books to read. I'm looking forward to what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be fun! First post coming this week!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, interesting. I'll have to make sure to drop by for these posts! :D Especially in November and March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be in this mad planning place at the moment! I'm already working on a reading list for April and May as well as this!

      Delete