Visitors to the blog from today will notice that I've decided to change the background and header to more of a darker horror theme, reflecting more about what the blog is about. I'd been thinking about it for ages but finally got organised with it today. I love these coloured monster images so I decided to go with the blue one as my header pic, and complimented that with a halloween pumpkins and voodoo mask type theme. I've changed my Twitter picture to a green version of the monster and my Goodreads pic to the red version of the monster. It kind of sums up my mood this week!
I've been fighting with Amazon over some shoddy service this week which had got me very stressed out. I was sent a replacement for damaged goods and I told them to send a courier to collect the damaged one or a free prepaid return label. I heard nothing from them so I did nothing. Yesterday they sent a message saying as I hadn't returned it they were charging me another £50 for the replacement item. I was hopping mad and spent the whole of last night trying to get the mess fixed which ate into my reading time. They finally sent a prepaid label by email and promised to refund me. They bloody better! I'll be watching my bank to ensure that they do! Total numpties that work in customer services at Amazon.
My dad was out shopping yesterday and a stupid cow with a pram decided to not look where she was going, fiddling with her damn phone, and knocked him to the ground. He twisted his bad knee that he might already need surgery on, and has bruised ribs from landing in the road. Luckily there were no cars coming at the time or it could have been serious. He's doing ok but is on painkillers and feeling a bit sorry for himself as you can imagine. If I had been with him I'd have given the dumb bitch a piece of my bloody mind, I can tell you that. The stupid selfish phone obsessed snowflake muppet. *growls*
I need some retail therapy after all that and have my eye on a couple of monster books. But I can't get out the house to check my bank statement to see if I can spend anything-Storm Ali is giving us heavy rain and howling gale force winds at the moment. Lovely. OK we're nowhere near the scale of the hurricanes that some parts of the world have been getting but high winds get me all nervous and jittery. It's turning into a very stressful week all in all. Gah, just want to order those books right now!



I LOVE it! I love it so much! Your poor dad. I hope he's on the mend. People are so ignorant :(
ReplyDeleteI'm really happy with the new look and will be keeping for a while anyway! My dad hasn't had a great few months all in all but he's soldiering on! As soon as the Amazon mess is dealt with, I'll be treating us both to a few buys!
DeleteCan you check your statement on line? I'd be dead without online banking. I can't believe what happened to your poor Dad! Okay, I can, people can be such dolts! Please wish him a speedy recovery from me. I love the new blog layout. Very cool!
ReplyDeleteI don't do online banking at all as all you hear on the news here is accounts being hacked or frozen...I don't trust it at all! Thanks for your good wishes and I'll pass them on. I'm pleased with the new look-sort of dark and moody, a bit like me!
DeleteLove the new look! And I'm so sorry about your dad. Hope it's not too serious. People should definitely get off their phones and look where they're going!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the blue, red and purple! It's sort of horror without being too scary! People barging into us while on their phones is nothing new and it makes me really mad!
DeleteI am sorry to hear about your trouble with amazon and your dad's injuries. I am glad that it wasn't worse than it was. I hope he starts feeling better very soon and I love the new look :)
ReplyDeleteIt has just been one of those weeks Carole, and my stress levels are through the darn roof! I am going for retail therapy today as soon as I get to the bank! My dad is a bit sore but he'll be ok with a bit of rest hopefully.
DeleteI like your new background, it's very fitting for this time of year. That's too bad you had some problems with your Amazon return. I haven't had any problems with returns, there for awhile I was having a lot of problems with new books delivered damage.
ReplyDeleteOh no, that is terrible what happened to your dad. I noticed a lot of people walking around looking at there phones. Today I almost ran over a kid on his bike who was looking at his phone and didn't look for coming cars at the crossing.
Hopefully your week will get much better and you're able to get those monster books soon. Book shopping always helps for a pick-me-up.
I also get annoyed when Amazon send me a book that has a creased cover-I hate a brand new book being damaged before it even gets to me! These people with their phones are so self obsessed it drives me mad and you see all the idiots getting killed taking selfies! I just don't get the obsession!
DeleteSorry about what happened to your dad. People really need to get off their phones and pay attention to what they’re doing. I hope your Amazon issues get worked out quickly. I love the blog makeover. It looks like Halloween and Día de los Muertos. Perfect for this time of year.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I'm hoping for a nice relaxing weekend of reading, blogging and watching films! Oh and a nice bit of book buying therapy!
DeleteSounds like a rough day, but looking at your blog should cheer you up. You did a great job and I like it. I hope your dad feels better soon. These people on cellphones...My biggest pet peeve ever!
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I'm happy with the way it looks now! It's been a crap week but hopefully next week will be better. I hate mobile phone muppets and the selfish selfie takers!
Delete