This has just been one of those weeks that has left me feeling fed up and tired! Can I just say that I really hate housework??? Why is it that after you clean or dust something, the next time you look at it, it needs done again? Rarg! It feels never ending! I still have another round of washing and ironing to do and I've already had enough for one week!!! Plus we had to go out and get the food shopping done which is another chore that I hate. I did manage to buy a box of salted caramel muffins and a box of double choc ones, just to get my energy back of course! We haven't even got close to moving the stupid bookcases which is annoying, and I'm already knackered! We've also got a pile of big slimy slugs and snails in the garden so we're on the warpath with them too! Ugh I hate the things! *grumbles*
We're only a few weeks into the football season here and my team have just sacked our manager. We only brought him in during the summer so now I'm stressed waiting to see who is going to take over. I hate this! We've been changing managers constantly recently and I'm getting tired of all the uncertainty!
On the plus side, the guy came to look at our garden for putting those fences up and he seems keen to get started. Seems he's been working for weeks on what should have been a quick job but the homeowner wants his massive 40 foot hedges carved into fancy shapes and it's taking forever. He hopes to start on Friday if we like the quoted price. That's good as the house next door will go up for sale in the coming weeks or months and we want the fences up by then. I'm already getting stressed dreading a noisy family with ten cats and rude snotty kids!
I've been getting lots of reading done during the days-5 full length books so far this month, which is great, and then lounging in front of the TV watching Celebrity Masterchef, Great British Bake off, Great British Menu and catching up on season 10 of American Ninja Warrior and Coronation Street. Fun!
Do you live in Ireland or England? I haven't seen a snail in I don't know how long. Anyway don't stress out too much worrying over new neighbours. Think positive. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI live in Scotland. I'm thinking my garden is snail capital of the world at the moment so my dad is out there with copper tape to deal with them! The trouble is about 10 years ago or more now, we had neighbours from hell who just about gave me a nervous breakdown...so that's why I'm worried about what is moving in next! And I hate cats crapping in my garden! *smiles*
DeleteI hate the endless round of life's daily chores, too. ;D
ReplyDeleteIt seems never ending doesn't it! Today was another load of washing and emptying the rubbish out. Tomorrow will be irons and hoovers then more washing at the weekend!
DeleteWow, 5 books already! You're off to a great start. One of the best player's on our team here in the US is holding out - apparently 14 million a year for 5 years isn't enough. Frustrating to say the least. It would be enough for me :) Housework does stink. I cleaned carpets yesterday and the pups took it upon themselves to snack on the them with the munchies last night. I am ALL for fences. Of course I'm all for no neighbors too but that isn't always possible. BUILD THAT FENCE!
ReplyDeleteThe Kitty books are good to zoom through! I'm on the 6th out of 7 of them and I also hope to get the Murderbot story finished tonight. To actually be ahead of schedule is great! If that guy doesn't want 14 million a year, I'll take it! These people are just so greedy! You've had more than your share with bad neighbours-it would be great to live somewhere quiet and secluded with nice scenery and no neighbours! I'm always looking at homes on islands that I'll never afford!
DeleteNever thought I'd channel Donald Trump in his barrier building crusade!
I'm also having one of those weeks :-(
ReplyDeleteI guess on the plus side - we're int eh home stretch and headed for the weekend.
Karen @ For What It's Worth
It's horrible to just feel drained and tired of all the mundane stuff in running a house. Gah! Good excuse for book therapy! I think I'll go to my bed for a whole week in early hibernation!
DeleteSounds like you found some stress relief with books and shows. I hope things get sorted out for you soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm actually really pleased that the reading has gone so well. Normally when I'm tired I can't be bothered reading. I just wish I could do Harry Potter magic and get the stuff all finished now!
DeleteSt. Mirren fan? I'm so out of the loop on football nowadays but my cousin likes to keep the universe appraised of goings-on in the SPL (amongst many others including the US's NFL) and his opinions (pundit style) via social media, lol.
ReplyDeleteIt sucks you're having such a crappy week. Fingers crossed the weekend is better!
My cure for the food shopping was to start ordering online for delivery. I signed up for the delivery saver package on tesco so that delivery doesn't break the bank and although it's a little more expensive than shopping around it's worth it for the lack of hassle! I've never had any issues with the quality of food delivered or missed deliveries or anything either. 🙂
Correct! A very long suffering St Mirren fan! Several years of hell followed by the great escape and then finally promotion, only to be deserted by a money grubbing manager which has led to us losing half the winning squad, firing our manager after talk of player revolts and now chaos again!!!
DeleteI really do want to get the food delivered. Trouble is Aldi don't deliver and this is where I get most of my food cupboard essentials and cleaning products. We also can only get certain meals we love at Tesco, certain products that are Sainsbury or Asda or Morrisons! It's a mess!