I saw this book tag over at https://readysetandread.blogspot.com/ and thought it was appropriate seeing how it is pouring down today! If you want to take part, consider yourself tagged! All graphics I've used are free from Pixabay so feel free to use any of them.
1) The Sand-A book that stuck with you long after you read it.
I read a lot of horror and nothing much gets to me but this book did. The whole idea of thinking you had cheated Death then Death comes to kill you in a brutal manner...well that is just unsettling in so many ways!
2) The Sun-A book that burned you.
There are lots of books that burned me in a bad way and this is one that annoyed, frustrated and disappointed me in equal measures. Was I to read it for the first time now, I'd DNF it.
3) The Waves-A book that calms you down after a long day.
I generally read to unwind but I don't have a specific go-to book for that...and I'm trying not to use Harry Potter for answers all the time! I'm going to pick one that I relaxed to nicely and read recently.
4) The Bathing Suit-A book with a pretty summery cover.
Problem here is that I don't read fluffy books with summer covers! My shelves are full of horror and apocalypse type covers! This was the best I could do!
5) The Birds-A book that is everywhere.
I've been seeing this series on blogs all summer and I've enjoyed what I've read of Murderbot so far. Will be reading the third one this weekend!
6) The Company-A book with wonderful characters.
Hmm, hard to choose as quite a few recently have had great characters. I loved this group of various vampires, humans and demons working together.
7) The Ice Cold Drinks-A book you absolutely gulped down.
I could barely put this book down as this covers some of my favourite storylines in the actual series. The Red and Purple Weddings and poor Tyrion's struggles!
8) The Fun Memories-A book you can't wait to return to.
I'm going to go with a series I can't wait to return to! I simply can't wait for book three next year!

















I'm hoping to read Murderbot this weekend too. It's a fun little series.
ReplyDeleteI think #4 counts - there's water lol
Karen @ For What It's Worth
I started the third one this morning and I just love Murderbot's internal rants about dumb humans and finding new media to download. I'm looking forward to getting the fourth one!
DeleteThis was fun. I'm so glad you enjoyed Orlando's book. I'm sure liking the characters. And Martha's series is in my book cart. Just waiting for the next book budget to roll in.
ReplyDeleteI think I've run out of things to sell and trade for books at the moment! I need to try and limit the book buys for the rest of the year to let me clear the bulging bookshelves again!
DeleteYay for Murderbot! And A Storm of swords- totally agree.
ReplyDeleteDitto on The Extinction Trials!
Have you read the blurb for the next Extinction Trials book? How exciting does that sound!
DeleteI had not but I just went over and read it. Woo hoo!!! Sounds awesome!!!
DeleteIt sounds so exciting doesn't it! I literally can't wait!
DeleteFight Club burned me, too. It’s a classic, but I just found it weird and confusing. I totally agree about A Storm of Swords. I need to hit my Goodreads goal so that I can go back to that series.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I particularly hated that ending! The only one of his I liked at the time was Haunted. That's the problem with GRRM books-you need to set aside a week at least to get through one!
Delete