Wednesday, 26 September 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday-Kill River



Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at http://www.wishfulendings.com/ to spotlight and discuss books we're excited about but haven't read, which may not even be released yet. 

NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. 


In the summer of 1983, thirteen-year-old Cyndi and her three new-found friends Stacy, Zack, and Brad decide to sneak away from their summer camp in the middle of the night by rafting down the nearby rivers. After spending a tense night lost in the woods, the four teenagers stumble into a mysterious water park that appears to be completely empty.

At first, they are thrilled to have the rides all to themselves, at least until one of them disappears. Soon they discover that they are trapped in the park, and a dark figure is stalking them from the shadows, picking them off one by one. Once night falls, Cyndi will have to fight to escape the park, a masked maniac, and a living nightmare.

Kill River is a wild water park ride filled with blood, gore, and '80s nostalgia. Slasher fans rejoice, old-school horror is back!


The book actually came out in 2015 but I'm just finding out about this now. Thank you to Karen @ For What It's Worth for bringing it to my attention! How great is that cover! And an 80's slasher vibe going on...oh yes I want this! 

16 comments:

  1. That is such an 80s cover, I love it! I hope you enjoy this when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might need to grab this now as I'm always waiting for books set in theme parks!

      Delete
  2. I've heard good things about this one and I bet you love it. I need to grab a copy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lord. I don;t think I would go to another water park after reading this "the monster at the en of the slide" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love abandoned amusement parks. I've got to pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this kind of book so I have high hopes for it!

      Delete
  5. Yikes, this looks freaky- and perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can sneak it into my horrorfest books!

      Delete
  6. This sounds fun! I love the retro style cover!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is amazing and I love the sound of it! It sounds like an old Fear Street book but better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retro cover and retro 80's plot! I just hope I enjoy it now!

      Delete
  8. Yep. Loving that cover. Looks like a good one for October!

    ReplyDelete