Friday, 14 September 2018

Chuckles Weekend Roundup


Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do! 

Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
Chuckles is back after a break of about four days from the blog. The idea was to rest, relax and read but it didn't quite work out that way! My dad and I have spent days trailing around charity shops and anywhere that sells books, cds and dvds to enjoy a bit of retail therapy! I'm somewhat nervous of all the great deals I've had because I literally have nowhere to put the books I just got! I need another full 3 shelf bookcase but there is nowhere to put it. It means I need to reorganise my reading plans for the next few months and try to stick to mainly paperbacks so I can clear space for all these new books! I'll be doing that this afternoon I think. I didn't read a thing from last Saturday onwards so there will be no September Specials update this week. I need to get reading today! 

We also have to force ourselves to get started on the next phase of the Big Indoor Clear Out! I'm filling bags with books for the charity shop and we'll get them out of the house next week. I was hoping to get started on photos of my new look Book Cave but it is still a mess at the moment so that will need to wait a few weeks I think! Oh we'll get there! 

SPECIAL BOOK DEALS FROM THE WORKS!
The Works were doing a special offer of 3 books for £5 in mystery and thrillers, and the books reduced to £3 each were non fiction history so I just hoovered those bad boys up! 









 WATERSTONES



CHARITY SHOPS 







WON! 
A big thank you to the lovely AJ at http://ajsterkel.blogspot.com/ who selected me as the winner of a book of my choice in her giveaway! Thank you AJ!



Chuckles Blogging World
From Sunday to Thursday I was offline and out of the house on my retail therapy so there were only a few posts which I scheduled in advance. So I'm doing a shortened roundup of them this week instead of my usual set up!  

Regular Posts

Chuckles Cover Love

Around The Blogs With Chuckles

Top Ten Tuesday

Can't Wait Wednesday

Books From The Backlog

Chuckles Chat

Book Tags

The Fall Book Tag

Mamma Mia Book Tag

Currently Reading/Next Up 
I've read nothing all week which is a bit annoying and that puts me a bit behind again. I plan to read a few shorter books from my list just to get me back on track before I go and do my ten days of sharks!

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and your dad had fun and look at that haul. Such great looking thrillers! I can't wait to see pictures of your book cave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get it into some kind of order over the next few weeks and then get the photos up!

      Delete
  2. I don’t have shelf space, either. I donated 15 big hardcover books last week, and I still don’t have space. I have books EVERYWHERE right now. Good luck with your clear out!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when I have to put my books on the floor but I'm at that crisis point again! I need to get a lot of things read before I can get it tidied!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I need the reading break but then I feel like I'm falling so far behind.

    I have a huge box of books that I need to donate too. Thanks for the reminder!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what happens to me Karen! I take a blog break to read and instead seem to end up doing anything but reading! looks like a few charities will benefit from our clearout!

      Delete
  4. That's a great book haul! Good for you. After all, bookish retail therapy is the best kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun at the time but now I have the panic of where to put the books!

      Delete
  5. Holy book haul! You got some great deals too. I have liked Kubica's books in the past. Hope you love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't generally read many thrillers so I'm taking a gamble but at that price it was worth it! If I enjoy a few it will have been worth it!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! I love shopping for books, and you never know what you;'ll find in a secondhand or used shop. And good luck w/ the cleanout!

    Friend Request I read a while back, it wasn't bad. And Stop Me looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often hit the bookshops and charity shops as most of my books come from Amazon but it was fun to do for a change! I really like the look of Richard Jay Parker-I have three of his books now and I'm looking for the rest!

      Delete
  7. Sooo many books! Where do you find the time to read them all? It also looks like you got some spooky-themed books for the upcoming months. I hope you enjoy them all!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the trouble-I don't have time to read them all! My Goodreads tbr of books I own but haven't read is over 1100! I am trying to reduce the pile but splurges like this don't help!

      Delete
  8. I love charity shop book hunts! It's amazing what can turn up for pennies and usually the books that attract me are cheap because no one else would read them ;-)
    Congrats on your giveaway win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a lot of luck at charity shops in recent years as I'm mostly reading Indie boooks in horror and apocalypse and you don't see them in charity shops! However recently I've branched out a little into fantasy, SF and thriller which I can find cheap in shops-so that's good!

      Delete
  9. Ah, so much goodness! I am looking forward to reading your review of that one -- I've been looking forward to it for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of reviews, I need to get moving and get some written!

      Delete
  10. Quite the haul! In the move I found I own a bunch of the Alison Weir books I've never touched, so I should get round to those sometime too! Enjoy. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm way behind on her books! Actually I have three shelves of Tudor fiction and a handful of non fiction I need to get to!

      Delete
  11. I love doing this too. I call it a scavenger hunt and I always find some great stuff! I just take my time and dig in:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great fun when you find something interesting in nearly every shop for once!

      Delete
  12. Retail therapy is one of my favorites! Especially when it's book shopping. IN fact that is the only kind I like and a last week or the week before I did the Barnes and Nobles half off and got that bunch of books plus did some pre-orders. I am glad you had some time to just be. It's nice when you get to do that. I do not get rid of my books. I can't. =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book shopping usually helps doesn't it! I hate shopping for food, clothes and things for the house, trailing around shops comparing prices and dealing with rude customers and staff who either don't want to help you or follow you round the shop determined to get a sale and commission from you!

      Delete
  13. Retail therapy can work wonders :) I was in a bit of mood last week and a trip to the library and the dollar store put a smile on my face. You found some great new books and I can't wait to read your reviews. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non book people don't know what they are missing! A trip for book buying is always good for the soul!

      Delete
  14. Wow, you found some really great books. I've been wanting to read Alison Weir's The Six Tudor Queens series. Have you read any of those? I hope you enjoy all your new reads. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your new Book Cave, those are some of my favorite posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the first two of the Tudor Queens series-just waiting for the third to come out in paperback. I've read the Anne Boleyn one which I really enjoyed! Next week my dad and I need to get on with moving stuff so I can get organised and take the photos!

      Delete