Top Ten Tuesday
is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the
Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are
particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love
to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your
top ten lists! http://www.brokeandbookish.com/
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
Last week I talked about ten people I'd want on my team in the apocalypse so here is part two!
1) Aragorn (Lord of the Rings)
Aragorn is a born leader, fearless and skilled in battle to defend the community and hunting for whatever is needed. Being skilled with a sword helps in a fight where you don't want to attract attention and he has ranger survival skills. He is of course gorgeous which is an added bonus!
2) Maurice (Monster Haven)
Maurice is a Closet Monster who uses a network of doors inside buildings to move place to place unseen which could be valuable. He is also a skilled cook and cleaner which keeps the base nice! He can be scary when he wants to be and good company.
3) The Terminator
With no need to eat or sleep, he would be invaluable as a guard with his extra senses and skills. He is also great to have in a battle, whatever you are up against, can carry heavy weights and handle any weapon.
4) Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
Jon is skilled in battle and used to fighting the dead as well as the living. He of course would come as a package with Ghost, for added security and Jon is also rather hot which again is an added bonus to his skills!
5) Drogon (Game of Thrones)
Having a huge scary dragon on your side should mean nobody will want to mess with you and you can quickly deal with packs of zombies. Jon and Tyrion could control him. I wouldn't bring Dany. A few weeks of her screaming 'bend the knee!' and I'd feed her to the zombies myself...
6) Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
Her enchanted bag can carry a ton of supplies, she can magic up heat and light at any time and she is very intelligent. She and Tyrion would have tons in common and could do the planning together. Having a witch on the team would be vital.
7) Dobby (Harry Potter)
Dobby could help Maurice with the domestic arrangements at base as he is a good cook. Having the ability to magic himself around and take people with him is great when collecting supplies or escaping enemies!
8) Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead)
The guy is super skilled with a bow and arrow and could be useful on hunting for food and for security. He is used to fighting zombies, he's brave...and he's hot! Why would you NOT have him in your community?
9) Oberon (Iron Druid)
In dark days you would need a bit of fun and humour to keep you going! A dog you can communicate with would be ideal! Trying to find French poodles and a supply of fresh sausage for him in the apocalypse could be more difficult!
10) Hershel Greene (Walking Dead)
We need someone to take care of the animals in our community and he has proved he can save humans too. I love his character and he would be a great addition to the community.
NB: I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow them to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account.
Last week I talked about ten people I'd want on my team in the apocalypse so here is part two!
1) Aragorn (Lord of the Rings)
Aragorn is a born leader, fearless and skilled in battle to defend the community and hunting for whatever is needed. Being skilled with a sword helps in a fight where you don't want to attract attention and he has ranger survival skills. He is of course gorgeous which is an added bonus!
2) Maurice (Monster Haven)
Maurice is a Closet Monster who uses a network of doors inside buildings to move place to place unseen which could be valuable. He is also a skilled cook and cleaner which keeps the base nice! He can be scary when he wants to be and good company.
3) The Terminator
With no need to eat or sleep, he would be invaluable as a guard with his extra senses and skills. He is also great to have in a battle, whatever you are up against, can carry heavy weights and handle any weapon.
4) Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
Jon is skilled in battle and used to fighting the dead as well as the living. He of course would come as a package with Ghost, for added security and Jon is also rather hot which again is an added bonus to his skills!
5) Drogon (Game of Thrones)
Having a huge scary dragon on your side should mean nobody will want to mess with you and you can quickly deal with packs of zombies. Jon and Tyrion could control him. I wouldn't bring Dany. A few weeks of her screaming 'bend the knee!' and I'd feed her to the zombies myself...
6) Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
Her enchanted bag can carry a ton of supplies, she can magic up heat and light at any time and she is very intelligent. She and Tyrion would have tons in common and could do the planning together. Having a witch on the team would be vital.
7) Dobby (Harry Potter)
Dobby could help Maurice with the domestic arrangements at base as he is a good cook. Having the ability to magic himself around and take people with him is great when collecting supplies or escaping enemies!
8) Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead)
The guy is super skilled with a bow and arrow and could be useful on hunting for food and for security. He is used to fighting zombies, he's brave...and he's hot! Why would you NOT have him in your community?
9) Oberon (Iron Druid)
In dark days you would need a bit of fun and humour to keep you going! A dog you can communicate with would be ideal! Trying to find French poodles and a supply of fresh sausage for him in the apocalypse could be more difficult!
10) Hershel Greene (Walking Dead)
We need someone to take care of the animals in our community and he has proved he can save humans too. I love his character and he would be a great addition to the community.

For super selfish reasons, yes, I would want Jon Snow and Daryl Dixon on my team. And EVERYONE needs a Hershel.
ReplyDeleteI think I'd like my new community!
DeleteI’d want Hermione and a dragon. No zombie could survive magic and fire.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
Both would be pretty important especially against zombies!
DeleteI'll take a dragon and Dobby.
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
Both very useful in an apocalypse!
DeleteYes, Oberon!
ReplyDeleteLauren @ Always Me
Everyone needs a dog like Oberon!
Delete