Tuesday, 28 November 2017

A Lack of Chuckles!


Sorry for my lack of interaction with you guys this week. I've been suffering from massive pain in my ear, jaw and head which has been driving me mad, destroying my concentation and causing lack of sleep. With the doctor being busy at this time of year, I've been reluctant to go and have been self treating for two miserable weeks without success. Even painkillers seemed to make little difference.

Yesterday I hit upon the possibility that it might be sinusitus and I got something from the chemist for it. Armed with nasal spray and muscle relaxants, I got my first good night's sleep in ages and the pain is a bit reduced today. Fingers crossed that I might have hit on the solution but it'll be a week before I really know for sure. I'll update progress on my Saturday post.

Anyway, due to all this, I'm way behind on all things bloggy. I still hope to get Around The Blogs With Chuckles up today as I didn't get it done yesterday, and catch up with comments and blog visits in the next day or two. I hope to be back on track by the weekend!

Thanks for your patience guys! 

17 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and feel better! Sinus crap is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate sinus infections...I just hope that is what it is and it might go away soon!

      Delete
  2. Don't worry about the small stuff. Just take care of yourself. I hope your remedy continues to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so...the pain is less so I hope that continues. Stupis sinuses!!!

      Delete
  3. Hope you are feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to feeling better soon! For nearly a month straight I lost my voice. The first two weeks, literally no other symptoms, then they came crashing down on me later with all the coughing and sneezing and yuck. Luckily it is perfectly acceptable to curl up in bed with lots of good books while you're sick, so, a partial win?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I've been in a two month reading slump so reading hasn't been an option! I can't even get a long lie because of Amazon deliveries!

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, this just goes from bad to worse. Have the meds helped?

      Delete
    3. Not much so far...back to the pharmacy I think!

      Delete
  5. Oh no that does not sound pleasant at all! Try not to stress about the bloggy stuff, the most important thing is to get rested and feel better. I hope you're right about the spray and that the pain will go away soon!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it doesn't work it might be a visit to doctor or dentist...ugh! No rest I'm afraid with winter cleaning and moving furniture around...groans!

      Delete
  6. I hope so...I hate not being happy Chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you are suffering so badly. Do go online and look at acupressure points to help shift nasal congestion. I was basically a snot zombie for nearly a fortnight with an inflamed sinus when I was smitten by flu - to the extent I had cramps in my ribcage because I couldn't take a full breath. I had a go at pressing the points in the face they suggested and it really, really worked where Sinex, Olbus oil, Vicks vapour rub completely failed... Within half an hour, I was breathing through my nose again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I've been trying out a few of these things gradually to see if any work. I'm hopeful! I don't have the congestion side of it but the face pain is driving me mad so I hope I find the right pressure point soon!

      Delete