
If there is one thing that makes a great book even better, it is when it has a cover that we love! The cover design is what catches the eye as we browse through a bookstore shelf or check out the Amazon or Goodreads recommendations. The right cover makes me look closer at a book, to read the blurb and maybe make a purchase. A poor cover might mean I never look at the blurb at all.
This Week! Jenn Bennett!
I abandoned the first book as it just seemed to be all flirting and innuendo and a lack of actually trying to save the family. It was the cover that first attracted me to the book though.


Oh these are nice covers! My favorite is Binding the Shadows. Not quite sure why, maybe cuz the color stands out and it all looks really nice together.
ReplyDeleteI like the dominant colour in each one...finding it hard to pick a favourite!
DeleteToo bad you didn't like the first one because these covers are really well done.
ReplyDeleteThey are aren't they! Pity I can't just buy all the pretty covers to look at! If I had my own bookshop, the best covers would all face out to the customers to tempt them...
DeleteI can see why the covers caught your interest. Too bad the story wasn't a good fit for ya.
ReplyDeleteI went through a lot of UF at that time where the covers were stunning but I never liked the books. Pity!
DeleteBinding the Shadows s my fav! I like the dragon!
ReplyDeleteI do like dragon covers!
Delete