There is Murphy's Law and Sod's Law, which cover all those really annoying or ironic things that seem to keep going wrong in a day. Lets take a lighthearted look at that today.
1) You are standing in the pissing rain, waiting for a bus that is of course running late. When it finally pulls up after 30 minutes of waiting and feeling like a wet dog, why is it that the first person in the queue doesn't have their money or pass ready to show, holding you all up? Get yourself sorted! You KNOW the routine when you get on the bus so have your stuff ready so everyone can get on the darn bus!!!
2) You are sitting on your bed watching TV, a film or a dvd box set, holding the remote control in your hand. You sit it down beside your leg for a second, then reach for it again...and it is gone! I have seen myself having to get up and do a fingertip search of the bed for ten minutes before I locate the stupid thing!
3) Why can checkout operators not multi-task? Why do they have to stop scanning to chat to the customer? You see your biscuits floating mid air in her hand but she isn't putting them through!!!
4) Why do you let your cat just come and shit in my garden? Next time I have a bad stomach, I'll climb over your fence and do a big one right next to your pretty daffodils and see how natural you think it is then!
5) Why is it that people need to bug total strangers on a bus? I have headphones on, listening to music, reading my book. My entire body language screams 'I'M BUSY!' but strangers insist on talking to me or asking what I'm reading. 'Is it a good book hen?' she says and I want to reply 'I don't bloody know as I can't get peace to read it!!!'
6) Why does the delivery guy always come when I go to the bog???
7) Why does it rain minutes after scrubbing down the car? It was pure blue sky when I got started. It really bugs me...
8) Why, in my forties, do I still not like to dangle my legs over the edge of the bed where carpet sharks or monsters under the bed might grab me? Grow up Chuckles, honestly! You're not six years old any more!
9) Why is it that cold callers seem to be completely oblivious to the big sign on my front door that warns against cold callers, then wonder why I get irate with them? Listen muppet, you chap my door at your peril!
10) Why does your pen run out halfway through writing a list, application form, notes for a book review etc? It was writing fine a minute ago!

I love these. And YES! I cannot count the times I've lost the remote in bed. I remember Mr. Barb coming to bed one night and I told him to be warned, there was a remote in it somewhere and I gave up finding it.
ReplyDeleteLosing the remote drives me mad on a nightly basis! I don't get how it can go invisible one minute and then it tries to do you a nasty injury!
DeleteThe checkout thing totally bugs me, too. Talk if you must, but keep scanning the items from their cart! And it inevitably rains after I wash my car...just enough to scatter little droplets of dust all over the clean exterior. So irritating. :D
ReplyDeleteI call it Floating Hand Syndrome and it drives me crazy that they can't move mouth and hand at the same time! I'll need to get working on a follow up list at some point!
DeleteOh yes, I can relate to many of these. Especially the remote. I'm thinking it's a poltergeist! LOL
ReplyDeleteIt must have legs and scuttles off out of sight as soon as you glance away from it!
Delete