Friday, 13 March 2020

Musical Chuckles #2


I decided for a change to talk about the music that I enjoy. I listen to 60's-80's music, rock, motown, country, soul, glam rock, disco...that kind of thing. My dad loves EDM, house, dance and happy hardcore-I think each of us were born in the wrong generation! 

My early years were dominated by my parents playing older music to me, along with albums released in the late 70's and early 80's that they bought. I started school around 1978 so I pretty much grew up on disco and 80's music, which is still a big favourite of mine.

This week, my list is all about my favourite greatest hits albums, of which I have a lot! I've probably forgot something obvious but the list gives you an idea of my tastes! What are some of your favourites?

60's and 70's
1) ELO
2) The Kinks
3) Rolling Stones
4) The Beatles
5) Beach Boys
6) Bee Gees 
7) Abba
8) Queen
9) Four Tops
10) Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
11) Jimi Hendrix
12) David Bowie
13) Stevie Wonder
14) The Monkees
15) Elvis Presley 
16) Creedence Clearwater Revival  

80's
1) Shakin' Stevens
2) Adam Ant
3) Duran Duran
4) OMD
5) Madonna
6) Elton John
7) Erasure
8) Pet Shop Boys
9) Depeche Mode
10) The Smiths
11) Billy Joel
12) Prince
13) Michael Jackson
14) Phil Collins 
15) Wham 
16) Lionel Ritchie 

90's and beyond
1) Kylie Minogue
2) Guns N Roses 
3) REM 
4) Metallica 

6 comments:

  1. YAY! I see Prince. I have a lot of greatest hits albums as well. They are great ways to add to a collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea I had so many until I started looking! I have a ton of Abba-certainly one of my favourites! I'm listening to more music this week as I try to relax each night!

      Delete
  2. We like a lot of the same artists. And I seem to be listening to a lot of the older favorites recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My go to sounds are the 80's as I love so much of that era. I have good memories of growing up with all that!

      Delete
  3. DM and The Smiths are two of my all time favorites! I grew up listening to Abba, Elvis, and The Beatles, because my dad loves them, and I loved watching The Monkees. They had so many good songs too. They wrote great tunes, but add in some prolific writers, and their catalog is pretty full of hits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to unwind with a few favourire cds isn't it! Abba is a huge favourite of mine and I have lots of their stuff. I enjoy a lot of 80's stuff as I grew up with all that in the charts.

      Delete