This series of posts will be about the coronavirus situation, how it is impacting me here in Scotland and interesting gossip and opinions I'm hearing through our media. I'll be posting as and when I have something to share but I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the news I share or the medical advice and opinion that I mention.
The latest thing that is winding me up are moronic idiots doing dumb online challenges-licking toilet seats, handrails on public transport, food on supermarket shelves...these asshats need to be arrested and locked up for the safety of everyone else, and if they do get ill with the virus, deny them treatment. The dippy bitch who is credited with starting this was asked about her stupidity infecting others and said 'I was tired of that b***h corona getting more publicity than ME. I’m the real celebrity.' She's now all proud of trolling America as the toilet seat was on her sugar daddy's plane. Is it wrong to want harm to come to her? Block her from social media and make her get a real bloody job. There was also a theft from a hospital of oxygen tanks in the UK. I'm getting really mad with people right now.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/coronavirus-man-who-licked-goods-21749577
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-challenge-moron-who-licked-21749466
https://globalnews.ca/news/6718358/tiktok-toilet-seat-lick-coronavirus/
Prince Charles tested positive yesterday which is a worry when he is 71. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has tested negative which is good. Seeing the utter rubbish being said online about it made me mad-ooh Diana will be laughing in Heaven. No she won't! She loved Charles and he is the father of her children so she'd be really worried for them all! Utter crap. Then there are the sick idiots who think this is one step closer to the throne for Harry and Meghan. Nice-you want a woman in her 90's and a man in his 70's to die along with William and his three kids? What kind of human beings are these people??? Add in the fact that the people would have a riot if Harry was to be King. While the Queen, Charles, Camilla, William & Kate and the minor royals were risking their health to do their job and duty, Harry was hiding under his wife's skirt in Canada!
My dad and I are doing ok. We both have a minor sore throat and slight occasional cough but that is probably just the dry air indoors and a lot of extra talking! I want to get to 14 days without us having any symptoms and then I can relax knowing for sure we are perfectly healthy, as it's impossible not to worry that you caught something on your last visit to the shops! We phoned my uncle who is getting over that chest infection and is going for a short walk each day. I hope he's being safe about it but to be honest, we live in sort of suburbs of our town and not many are out and about, and he's stubborn and we can't watch him 24/7.
The latest thing is that tonight at 8pm everyone in the UK has to go and stand outside their house to clap NHS workers to show we support them, then upload it to social media. I've always supported the NHS, I worked in the NHS, I agree with them being given things like preferential shopping, free meals and free parking, and I admire the job we see them doing especially in this crisis, but why do I need to prove it by being seen doing something like this on social media??? The founder wants us to do this every Thursday. Honestly the best thing we can do for them is stay at home and not get infected or volunteer to help if fit to do so! If more of her snowflake generation were staying in and following lockdown rules instead of partying, that would benefit the NHS more than hand clapping! And aren't we to avoid clapping as that upsets autistic people, according to snowflake students? I don't suppose standing on a dark garden path doing jazz hands has the same effect...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45717841
The latest stories of human filth. There was a robbery at Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital of computers and possibly medical equipment. Hospital staff are being warned not to display their medical badge in case they are robbed of it so crooks can get to the front of supermarket queues! In Spain OAPs being moved to a safer care home had their bus attacked by yobs who also threw molotov cocktails at police guarding the building. This is the world we are living in people.
Stay safe everybody.

Some stupid people in Kentucky had a coronavirus party and now one of them is sick. I think they were all in their late teens, early twenties--you know, that population who think they're invulnerable. So dumb.
ReplyDeleteIdiots! I have no sympathy for them if they all get sick but they could pass it on to innocent people. The millennial snowflake generation make me want to rip my hair out!
DeleteThe world is loosing it's collective mind. :( Fingers crossed that karma gets them!
ReplyDeleteI don't quite get the point of the NHS clapping thing either. In my area, people are putting up their Christmas lights then donating money to NHS charities... I'm doing neither. Not because I do not appreciate them but because I fail to see how either of these things actually benefits the workers. Stay inside. Wash your hands. Don't clog up their hospitals. That seems like the best thing to do to support the NHS at the moment.
Yes I agree. Stay home, stop panic buying, follow social distancing if you are outside, wash hands...and I wear gloves every time I leave the house. Trying not to touch my face every two minutes which is hard! I get the people donating to NHS charities and volunteering if fit and able to do so, but clapping is no real use at all.
DeleteI'm glad you all are doing alright. My daughter moved in with us last week and she's allergic to my dog. She's been coughing and had a hard time breathing so people keep hearing her cough and are afraid to get close to our door. She's taking her inhaler and has a nebulizer if she needs it. I ordered her some allergy medicine too.
ReplyDeleteIt must be a relief to have your daughter there and safe instead of worrying about her, but what a shame that she is allergic to the dog! It might be an advantage to be having people keep away because of her cough, like that woman who bugs your dog.
DeleteI think that these kind of things bring out the best in some people and the worst in others. That first video of the dummy licking things in the store happened really close to my house and he has been arrested.
ReplyDeleteThere needs to be a dumbass database where these idiots are named and shamed, and after the crisis they can be banned from stores and things as punishment for being morons! If you see that guy on the street, give him a swift kick!!!
DeleteI don't get the licking stuff. Even without the virus going around it's just disgusting! We are staying home and only sending my husband out to pick up food or groceries. I was horrified to hear about Prince Charles and how disgusting people saying Diana would be laughing. I think one of the reasons she was so beloved is because she wouldn't! We just found out here that schools in my state are going to distance learning for the rest of the school year so it'll be interesting to see how that is executed.
ReplyDeleteIt's truly disgusting isn't it? I won't let my dad go out as he's in his late 60's and has asthma. I do have asthma too but I'm wearing gloves and backing off from people. In and out the local shop and straight home! I'm very nervous about leaving the house as I don't want to catch this. It was sick to hear people wishing Prince Charles harm and saying that about Diana.
Delete