This series of posts will be about the coronavirus situation, how it is impacting me here in Scotland and interesting gossip and opinions I'm hearing through our media. I'll be posting as and when I have something to share but I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the news I share or the medical advice and opinion that I mention.
Chuckles Stress Level Tuesday 8am:
I felt a lot calmer today now that I know what I'm doing and what my timeline is. My dad wasn't feeling great today but it was acid reflux, not coronavirus so that's good! I did the ironing and cleaned down a few doors inside the house to keep busy, caught up on my comments-apologies for being so slack with that everyone-and listened to a bit of Reba McEntire as I worked! I love her upbeat lively songs! My dad was round at the local shops today and they are rationing all tins and packet food to two per customer. The local shops are ensuring stock doesn't go to panic buying which is good.
It was exciting to get more deliveries from Amazon today, ready for the upcoming isolation. My lovely new bamboo cheesboard arrived, as did my chutney selection! There is apple, onion, caramelised onion, tomato, gardener's choice and potting shed. Not sure what the last two are but I'll try them! I also received new soda stream flavours to use with my sparkling water- banana, blueberry, lemon, lime, apple and elderflower! I'm happy that my water will never taste dull! I have seen that they are focusing on deliveries of essential goods like food, water, baby products, medical, cleaning things etc.
I am disgusted by something I read today. Supermarkets in the UK often have a collection basket or container for Food Bank projects, which provide food for those on the lowest incomes and let them feed their families free. It is a great service for the most vulnerable and I often donate a bag to our local Food Bank. Some evil gits have been helping themselves out of the collection basket in an Edinburgh supermarket. It is disgusting and I don't doubt that it is greedy people stealing it rather than the needy. I'm so ashamed of this behaviour.
********************
Chuckles Stress Level Wednesday 9pm:
Today my dad went out to get a few more supplies from my uncle. I'm pleased to say that my uncle had a list ready of what he needed. Dad couldn't get dried pasta, gravy granules, rice, air freshener, toilet roll or liquid soap but I had spare that I could give him. It went over to his house in a box a few minutes ago! Aldi had no meat at all on their shelves which was kind of shocking and there was a limit of four of each item for each customer so Dad could only get four bottles of beer for him, rather than eight! We might try again tomorrow for his beer and some meat as I fancy a bit of bacon, egg, sausage and toast! But it will be the last day of supermarket shopping if we do.
More Amazon deliveries today! My luxury cheese set for my cheese board arrived! Red Leicester, Smoked Cheddar, Mature Cheddar, Garlic & Herb, Wensleydale...lovely! Extra soda stream flavours arrived today, (cola, lime and orange) so I'm loaded for bear! At some point I'll load up my cheese board and make everyone jealous with a photo!
To update on things in this country, England, Scotland and Wales are shutting schools on Friday and Northern Ireland closed schools today. Cases in the UK have gone up by 676 cases to 2626, and another 32 deaths since yesterday, making it 104 deaths in the UK. Cases in Scotland went up 32 to 227 and deaths stand at 3. The large region covering where I live has the highest number of cases but I have no idea if there are any cases in my town. It's ridiculous how little we know. Shit is getting real here and I'm looking forward to staying in now. In other news I see that the borders between the US and Canada have closed and ole Justin has told people to avoid contact with neighbours. Looks like Harry and Meghan are on their own but no doubt they'll send their security guys out to buy supplies for them again...
On a happier note, if you run out of pasta and can't get more at the supermarket, you can go into Ann Summers who are selling packets of Penis Pasta! Maybe avoid serving it to the mother-in-law, granny or the kids!!!




Stay safe and I'm enjoying your check ins. I'm wishing our boss would say we could work from home - we totally could, but he isn't and isn't likely to. At least we have limited services so basically I'm in an office all day and no one is really coming in and out. Just me and the coworker. Stay safe and sending puppy pics your way!
ReplyDeleteUgh bosses eh! I'm glad I no longer work as my last job was in Glasgow and it was either two buses or a bus and a train to get to work and the same again to come home. Being crammed in with other people...oh no thanks!
DeletePenis pasta?!? 😂 At least there's something funny amid this apocalypse.
ReplyDeleteAgain, good luck!
Desperate times and all that! I'm glad I have normal pasta though!!!
DeleteThe Mexican market next to me finally started running out of supplies yesterday and I think they are going to close because they said they won't get anther shipment of meat for a month. All the schools are closed for 4 weeks. Most of the hotel/casinos have closed and most of the store shelves are still bare.
ReplyDeleteOh no, I hope they can at least keep going for a few weeks to help you guys. It's all a bit of a nightmare with everything so chaotic.
DeleteThank goodness for Amazon deliveries right? lol my neighbor up the street gets stuff EVERY day- I keep joking that there must be a book blogger living there. :) Seriously though- thanks for sharing your experiences. here in the States I often have been wondering how everyone else is doing. I agree about knowing so little. A lot of us here feel that way too.
ReplyDeleteTake care and be safe!!
The marketplace sellers are profiteering big time and Amazon seem out of everything I'm looking for. I'd like more crackers for my cheese but it's luxurity, not emergency stuff so I can't complain! I wish we knew more about where the cases are.
DeleteGlad you have some yummy treats to look forward to eating. That penis pasta is hysterical. :)
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't want to serve it at a dinner party! I'd be too embarrassed to buy it!
Deletepenis pasta...i have been in isolation for a little more than a week. i am high risk, so my stress level is very high and i am trying to limit the amount of time i spend even thinking about it. i've done what i can...
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I know I'm as ready as I ever can be but with power and water still running, we should be ok over this period. Now we just need to concentrate on not catching the virus.
DeleteThe penis pasta made me laugh! I'm sure it tastes just like regular pasta and anything will do in a pinch! 😂
ReplyDeleteI knew the school announcement was coming... The minute they ordered the social distancing, I said to my husband that I'd be surprised if the schools lasted another week and lo and behold! Two more days and the announcement came. All I can say is that I'm glad that I'm well stocked and I have an amazing employer that is doing EVERYTHING it can to support us in working from home and with whatever we need to continue working around home-schooling our kid until schools reopen. Not everyone is so lucky. 😞
Maybe there are fewer people in Ann Summers and it'll be easier to stockpile this pasta! Or maybe people have other ideas for lockdown time!!! I'm glad I'm well stocked and have treats in too, as something to look forward to. I'm glad so many of you guys are able to stay home where it is safer!
DeleteLOL oh my gosh, that pasta is hilarious.
ReplyDeleteNot something to serve to your new boss at a dinner party!
Delete