Sunday, 29 March 2020

The Coronavirus Diaries Isolation Day 8/Day 9


This series of posts will be about the coronavirus situation, how it is impacting me here in Scotland and interesting gossip and opinions I'm hearing through our media. I'll be posting as and when I have something to share but I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the news I share or the medical advice and opinion that I mention.

Day 8 Saturday
I've been pretty busy today, off the computer. I've been working on my scrapbook, sticking in news from September 2012. Yes that's how far behind I seem to be! It'll take years to catch up as it is like a very complex jigsaw puzzle but worse! Death rates around the world are climbing but progress is being made on the new temporary hospital in London. Hopefully it will open next week. Cardiff, Manchester and Birmingham are looking at doing something similar. The UK government may have another virus victim as the Scottish Secretary has symptoms. One piece of happier news is that Jimmy Savile's pervert chauffeur who was jailed for raping young girls has caught the virus in prison. Oh my heart bleeds!

Another Hit Parade of Morons. A Mercedes driver in Manchester steals all the gloves provided at a petrol station. Eight friends were caught having a picnic with kebabs by police. A moron in Scotland was threatening people he passed that he had the virus. Gangs of dumb youths are going up to strangers and coughing on them. 14 year old boy in UK spits on a woman and shouts coronavirus. A man arrested at Asda for refusing to comply with social distancing and trying to jump the queue. Fake police in Humberside are trying to con people into paying spot fines. People still flocking to parks and beaches. I'm just waiting for the government to decide to stop letting people leave home for anything other than food, as too many people are flouting the rules. In the US a man dies after possibly being infected at Miami's Winter Party Festival.

Ugh what a night. I was just settling down for an early night when the buzzing began. I looked at my curtain and there was a huge uber-bee ambling across it. The damn thing stung us both before we could deal with it, which is weird, as normally a bee dies when it stings you, right? Who knows what was going on with this freaky sized thing. So we sat up for a few hours just in case one of us took a reaction to it but all seemed well. I finally got to bed at 2am but had restless leg for three hours and barely got any sleep. I was so hacked off this morning that I just ordered three paperbacks from Amazon-We Sold Our Souls, The Southern Book Club's Guide To Slaying Vampires and The Roo. I have no idea when they'll arrive.


Day 9 Sunday
Sitting here feeling grump and wanting to chuck something at the TV as Tony Blair lectures us with his all seeing wisdom about how bad government response is. We are reaping the results of all his failed policies right now-selling out to the EU and mass immigration led to Brexit, he signed that dreadful one sided extradition treaty that means the US woman whose dangerous driving killed that boy can't be ordered here to face justice, The Iraq War making us a target for increased terrorist attacks, overspending leading to austerity, the Scottish Parliament which as he was warned has lead to a big increase in demands for Scottish Independence...the list goes on and on so he has no right to slag off any other government! I can't believe I voted for that bloody guy. Sorry, political rant over. Anyway, sod off Tony!  

Concerning news that a footman of the Queen has tested positive for the virus. I'm very worried for her health now, and that of her husband the Duke. Prince William has been outstanding. His intervention has led to homeless people being taken off the street and into accomodation during the crisis, saving lives. His children were so sweet in their video for Clap for the Carers. Charles and Camilla, Edward and Sophie and their kids also did a video. Camilla, despite her husband being infected, issued a message of support for those affected by domestic violence who are in constant terror during this lockdown, offering support and numbers to call. Charles continues to work during his isolation. Harry and Meghan flee Canada to avoid Meghan paying more tax. Yeah, great, really helping during the crisis.

Here is the Hit Parade of Morons for today. In the Midlands, photos have emerged of piles of food bought by panic buyers all being thrown in bins-unused, wasted and out of date. Bread, cheese, bananas, burgers, fresh veg all chucked away. Total asshats. A tourist from Sheffield was confronted by angry locals in Snowdonia and a driver from Birmingham was prevented from travelling to Devon. 

On a plus point, a paramedic was reduced to tears when her whole street applauded her as she went to work, leaving cake and chocolates on her car roof. 

Stay safe everyone.

10 comments:

  1. It really does seem like these times bring out the best in some people and the worst in others. People amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading so many horrible things about what people are doing and it is depressing! It makes it nice to see the lighter moments.

      Delete
  2. There are going to be good and bad stories coming out during this. Hopefully more good than bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use a few more good news stories. Too many people are being morons!

      Delete
  3. The paramedic story was sweet.
    I'm not surprised that the stockpiled food is starting to be thrown... People truly have no sense. You can only eat so much before it goes out of date so what was the point? Buy what you need, or put it in a very big freezer. *Sigh* That will hopefully teach them a lesson as they literally throw their money in the bin! (Not that it helps those that have went without because of it...)

    For what it's worth, I think Tony Blair is a complete and utter rocket too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't buy much for the freezer because it was still pretty full and I just got a few things fot the fridge that I knew I could use in time. People have been stupid with the panic buying and just not thinking, and now this wastage when food banks need it so badly!

      When I watch political docs now, I just see the fake smarm in Blair. Pity I never saw it when I was voting for him!!!

      Delete
  4. just like in the novels, people's real self comes out in times of crisis. we too lack any leadership her in the us.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with our leadership for the most part. I think Boris is doing as well as can be expected with all the crazy stuff happening. The good people certainly restore my faith in humanity after reading about the morons!

      Delete
  5. We've had several stores issue statements that only one person and not entire families need to go to the store. I get if you are a single person with small children (but then why aren't you just doing grocery pickup) but yesterday my husband had stopped by a hardware store to buy air filters (which with my allergies are necessary!) and there was a couple there buying a grill. She was in a mask and gloves and he was completely normal. We could come up with no reason why both were there. I get buying a grill but it's pretty much a single person activity or something that could be done over Facetime. Very weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been cases here of single parents being denied entry into supermarkets with kids and being told to leave their kids outside. It caused an uproar. I'm making use of getting Amazon to deliver what we need so I only go out twice a week. I'd have thought that was a better way to buy a grill! And I don't get why one person is wearing a mask and the other isn't...weird indeed!

      Delete