Welcome to my feature Chuckles Weekend Roundup where I will be looking at what books I've received, anything interesting I've done or bought or watched and other random stuff. I'll be taking a look back at what happened in my blogging world too, sort of like The Sunday Post that some of you do!
Please note that I'll be visiting your STS/SP as normal, but I don't follow or leave comments on blogs run by Google Plus, or DISQUS as I refuse to join something just to leave comments, and I won't allow DISQUS to follow new people, update my profile or post tweets 'on my behalf'. I am the only one who does that on my social media! I won't comment on any blog that makes me sign in using another account. Sometimes, I have problems leaving messages on blogs hosted by Wordpress-they try to block me because I deleted my account with them but I will persevere as it only happens the odd time!
****************
I've been trying to get into a routine for the lockdown. I get up between seven and half past, come downstairs and get a bit of air at my front door. Then I get my rubbish bags out to the bin, do the washing or ironing as required, get my vitamin C drink, my glass of milk, my fresh orange and iced coffee and watch the news at 8am. I try and get any housework done in the morning. I also try to get non diary posts done by noon, sometimes watching a favourite film, before lunch and the news headlines. I'm trying to get off the computer each afternoon to do my scrapbook, work on my puzzles or other more fun stuff, then publish my diary post and read the online news as I eat dinner. At 6pm I go to my room to read or watch films and documentaries. It's not exciting but I can do it!
Tonight is the night where I get my cheeseboard out! Tonight it will be Cheddar Gorge cheese with flaky cheese straws, chutney, and a nice cold lager and lime to enjoy! I'm so looking forward to that treat! I might even have a few Dairy Box chocolates! I intend to read a bit and maybe watch a few documentaries. That sounds like a fun night anyway. I could use it as I don't feel brilliant today. Hopefully that will cheer me up! I have had a mass splurge of books, just to support some authors during the crisis of course...
Chuckles Blogging World
First can I say sorry for taking so long to catch up with the comments you left on my blog over the last two weeks. I read each one the day after you left them and in my head, I must have thought I'd replied to them, which I hadn't. That is embarrassing and annoying. I have caught up now and won't be so slack in the future.
Book Reviews
Jenny Lawson-Furiously Happy
Allie Brosh-Hyperbole and a half
Regular Posts
Around The Blogs With Chuckles
Discussion Posts
Buy All The Books For Lockdown
The Laws of Sod and Murphy
What Are We Going To Miss?
Isolation Day 1
Isolation Day 2
Isolation Day 3
Isolation Day 4
Isolation Day 5
Isolation Day 6
Isolation Day 7
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-coronavirus-diaries-isolation-day-7.html
Reading Challenges
none this week
Film & TV & Music
I watched and enjoyed again all the Jaws films and saw part of the new version of Escape From Sobibor, which was brutal. I've been watching documentaries about King Edward VIII and his abdication, which have been interesting.
Book Tags & Blog Awards
none this week
The Week Ahead
No plans but want to read more!
http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-coronavirus-diaries-isolation-day-7.html
Reading Challenges
none this week
Film & TV & Music
I watched and enjoyed again all the Jaws films and saw part of the new version of Escape From Sobibor, which was brutal. I've been watching documentaries about King Edward VIII and his abdication, which have been interesting.
Book Tags & Blog Awards
none this week
The Week Ahead
No plans but want to read more!

Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your yummy cheese tonight. And have a good weekend! :D
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed my cheese and beer night and plan to repeat it tonight. I watched some fun documentaries as well so it was a good night overall. Tonight the clocks change so one less hour in my bed...ugh!
DeleteI hate time changes!!!
DeleteThe March change is the worst! I like my nice warm bed!
Deletethe biggest change for me is having mr wonderful home all the time. everything's great, but my blogging visits are more sporadic
ReplyDeletesherry @ fundinmental
I don't go out much in normal times but even I'm finding it strange being told not to go out! I worry about even going to local shops wearing protective gloves!
DeleteHave a fun, relaxing it night! We always have a few treats each night before bed.
ReplyDeleteKaren @ For What It's Worth
It was a fun night actually! The oak smoked cheese and caramelised onion chutney with cheesy bread tasted great! I'm eating the other half tonight and might have one more lager and lime with it!
DeleteI think a routine is so needed in times like these. I'm really not used to having time off (except vacations) so I'm finding this hard. I'm an introvert who works as an extrovert during my work week so I'm not having trouble staying home. I'm setting certain tasks to do each day and I'm already cooking and baking more - which may not be a good thing.
ReplyDeleteThere seem to be quite a few of us self confessed introverts! I'm finding myself busier this week with blogging and housework and not enough time for the fun thing! I'm not really a cook either and the last time I baked was with my mum when I was about nine! Good luck with the food projects!
DeleteGlad you are making a routine for yourself. Mrs B and I were discussing this very thing for me (for if work drops entirely), as I don't do well with unstructured time. We're actually making up a list, hahahaa.
ReplyDeleteAnd good job on getting off the computer in the afternoons!
Bookstooge
Lists can be good-it's sticking to them that is tougher! Yes, I feel that I need some chill time in front of the TV instead of just reading news articles all day. I'm way behind on my scrapbook so doing that each afternoon is productive at least!
DeleteI think a routine is crucial while we are in lockdown. I am sticking with my sleep schedule, and really only varying the hours, when I would usually be at work. Otherwise, sticking to my schedule as I await being called back to work. Take care and be well!
ReplyDeleteI'm sticking with my sleep cycle too. I finally got a great sleep last night so I feel much better today. I'm trying to occupy myself with a variety of stuff so that each day is productive in some way.
DeleteI’m struggling to find a routine too. I walk the dog as the sun is coming up because there are fewer people out in the super-early morning. Then I’ve mostly just been reading. I should be working on next month’s blog posts, but I’ve been lazy this week.
ReplyDeleteAj @ Read All The Things!
I so much want to be reading but I just can't seem to get my head around it at the moment! I feel so tired by late afternoon that I have little concentration for it. I think I need to catch up on the sleep first!
DeleteCheese and beer sounds pretty good to me. :) Good combo. And I agree- everything is so hard now. So much uncertainty. I like being home but not knowing what's going to happen is hard.
ReplyDeleteI like the sound of watching some good documentaries- I feel like I haven't watched one in ages!
Oak smoked cheese, caramelised onion chutney, cheesy bread, lagar and lime, followed by a few chocolates! The perfect thing to improve the mind and spirit! I like being safe at home but it is hard not to worry about things. I've been watching docs on George V, George VII and Edward VIII and Mrs Simpson. It has been fun and educational! I'm ordering a few books about that era to read more.
DeleteOak smoked cheese... mmm. I LOVE cheese. You have some good eating going on over there. :) And those docs sound fascinating. I'm going to try and find some on Netflix...
DeleteI love watching docs on a variety of subjects! I'm broadening my mind or something! Cheese goes well with everything...
DeleteI think that sticking to a routine really helps during times like this. And a nice treat every once in a while is a very good thing! Stay safe and have a good week, Chuckles!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I stocked up on treats! I have a ton of cheese, four Easter Eggs, 4 big bags of mini eggs, a ton of various crisps, three boxes of brownies, 6 packs of choc chip cookies, 3 tubs of Ben and Jerry Phish food, four boxes of butter shortbread, 2 tins of Heroes chocolates and three boxes of Dairy Box! I think I'll be fine for a few months!
DeleteA routine would definitely help me out during the lockdown. During the week we managed to stick to one but this weekend it has went completely out the window! :(
ReplyDeleteI'm getting up at between 7am and 8am and first doing the housework as usual. Then it has been catching up with the blog and news, and off the computer each afternoon to work on my scrapbook.
Delete